PDA

View Full Version : And the Years Have Gone, Where?

nsfisher
03-30-2012, 20:51
A few years ago i got married. Shortly after that my first child was born, then my second. They started school a yr or two ago......
It seems to me as though i finished High School not that many yrs ago. Had the family etc. At 20 yrs of age, time stood still, it had no meaning. Now, at 48, with my children moved out and starting their own lives, I look at my wife of 25 yrs and we wonder where the yrs have went! I still have memories of childhood that seem only a few yrs old. There is still lots of time left, which hopefully will pass slower than the previous.

Paul
03-30-2012, 21:07
I've been asking that question myself...the songs I thought were awesome growing up are now on the *gulp* oldies station...WTF happened? :( !!!

Bob
03-30-2012, 21:12
Yea, I also keep asking myself the same question. Remember Bell-bottoms? They are back!!!

Jesla
03-30-2012, 21:15
My problem is I have to dump something old if a new memory comes along......

First kid at 44 and 18 yrs of marriage.....be 26 years this year....who'da thought!!?!??

Where was it, when was it?....I have forgotten more than I knew.......

Markw4mms
03-30-2012, 21:42
It does seem as if the times goes by faster as we get older. You know you're getting old when you start hearing music you grew up partying to playing as Muzak in an elevator.

Tony Malerich
03-30-2012, 21:51
My folks are the oldest (of three) and second oldest (of seven). Some of their youngest siblings are now grandparents, but my folks still have children at home. I asked them how that felt. They didn't really answer me.

olderthandirt
03-30-2012, 22:29
...the songs I thought were awesome growing up are now on the *gulp* oldies station...
...dump something old if a new memory comes along....
...music you grew up partying to playing as Muzak in an elevator.
All that and then of course seeing toys that I played with sold in antique stores. And darned if they aren't really antiques!

Indeed, wife and I commiserate on what we've done and where we've been, always agree we're fortunate to still be here. And like you and the others NS, what had to have been yesterday was in fact 25 years or more gone...
Amazing.

T-Bear
03-30-2012, 23:08
It seems like yesterday that I met my loving young bride....our second great grand daughter is due this fall. Eight kids, twenty-four grand kids and two greats....and she's STILL the sweet young beauty I ran off with forty five...going on forty-six years ago!
I turned 70 earlier this month...she'll be 63 on the 17th of April, which is also our anniversary. We have our health, and more importantly, each other. Let the years do their worst....we're happy.

WyoBob
03-30-2012, 23:13
It does seem as if the times goes by faster as we get older. You know you're getting old when you start hearing music you grew up partying to playing as Muzak in an elevator.

Three Dog Night is on Muzak? Wow. I need to go find an elevator.

WyoBob

AndyLowry
03-31-2012, 00:43
If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

T-Bear
03-31-2012, 13:36
If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.

LOL brother....ain't it the truth!

mike68
03-31-2012, 14:26
Not sure if anyone else has done this but I seem to forget the crappy parts of years gone and can see the good parts much easier...lousy events and people seem to have faded and now all the good ones are the ones I remember better..

Might be just me, but it feels good to shake some of that baggage..

Puff The Magic
03-31-2012, 16:05
Not sure if anyone else has done this but I seem to forget the crappy parts of years gone and can see the good parts much easier...lousy events and people seem to have faded and now all the good ones are the ones I remember better..

Absolutely Mike! Absolutely! Old pains get muddled over by the fire burnin' in the bowl!;)

Ed
Puff

IrishRover
04-01-2012, 12:15
Yes sir! I agree...
I might be younger than some and older than others... but my big thing is regrets. Trying to shake some of those bad decisions from the past..and just look forward. It's tough.
There's a lot I'd like to forget, and plenty I've forgotten but, they creep up.

Buckdane
04-01-2012, 14:04
Age hit me on Friday when I helped my nephew celebrate his 28th birthday. Drank scotch and partied like a kid again. Totally forgot I was almost 60. Sure been paying for it since.

T-Bear
04-01-2012, 15:36
Yeah Buck...know the feeling!
I was still working construction when in my early 50s...could go out and party with the young'ns, but suffered turribly the next day! Now at 70, this ol' dog stays on the porch!

psquared
04-02-2012, 15:23

You've hit it Mike. No sense carrying that load. Like I say in my signature...