PDA

View Full Version : Who Is Your Favorite Actor

Paul
03-31-2012, 16:37
To those who may be familiar with me, you'll find I like to make simple questions long winded...so here goes..

For a miserable, cold rainy afternoon...I'm having a rather great day. Started off smoking two of my favorite blends this morning, by Mac Baren...Mixture Modern: Danish Mixture and Gold of Denmark..very similar aro's just the Gold of Denmark is a little bit of a stronger blend...both great flavor with out killing the tobacco taste.

A few weeks back I experienced a computer crashed and lost all of my data entered into PSU...fortunately from my great pipe fire sale, I didn't have as many of them to re-enter, but still many many many blends to enter.

The ex-volunteer fire fighter in me ... I'm watching Adam-12 and Emergency via Netflix...but on this cold, stay in the PJ's with endless coffee...I'm thinking of what movie(s) I want to watch.

So, my question is...who are some of your favorite actors / actresses?

I LOVE the old 1940's era movies and don't really know that many of today's bigger actors...big crush on Ingrid Bergman (I find it quite ironic she was run outta Hollywood for having an affair with a director...nowadays that's something applauded and makes headlines)...I am also a Humphrey Bogart fan.

More modern day...I like Tom Hanks...I love most of the movies he plays (or has his hand as an Executive Produce)...especially his roles in "Apollo 13", "Saving Private Ryan" and granted not an acting role, but his mini series "From the Earth to the Moon" and of course my all-time, never get tired of watching it "Band of Brothers".

Etph3030
03-31-2012, 16:55
not cold here, but it is rainy. I would suggest 12 Angry Men, if available. Probably my favorite old movie.

I like Henry Fonda and Lee J. Cob.

It's hard to say for me with modern actors. I liked Johnny Depp, until he started doing EVERY Tim Burton movie.

Paul
03-31-2012, 17:04
Tonight I got "Casablanca" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0034583/), "The Dirty Dozen" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061578/), "The Maltese Falcon" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0033870/) and the 1978 version of "Inglorious Bastards" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076584/) lined up to numb the brain :) !

Archer
03-31-2012, 17:17
I gotta say modern wise Denzel Washington and of course Daniel Day Lewis! Clive Owen is another buts that's because he did phantom of the opera!

mike68
03-31-2012, 17:35
Gimme some old Lon Chaney or Boris Karloff horror flicks..drop in a good Clint spaghetti western and top it all off with anything Mr. Connery has done and I'm a happy dude!

Jesla
03-31-2012, 19:53
Steve McQueen.....ask me hundred times...same answer......

Gunsmoke
03-31-2012, 20:12
I am a bit of a movie buff, so that is a tough question. The best I could due is give you a list of my favorites.
In no particular order:
Cary Grant
Humphrey Bogart
John Wayne
James Caan
Willem Defoe
Orson Wells
Robert Ryan
I could go on for days like this.

ol gto
03-31-2012, 21:12
Charles Bronson - Death Wish series....

Arkie_
04-01-2012, 00:53
Sean Connery
Humphrey Bogart
Gregory Peck
Charlton Heston
James Garner

Although he didn't quite reach superstar status, I liked Lee Van Cleef.

Markw4mms
04-01-2012, 01:00
+1 On Sean Connery and John Wayne!

IrishRover
04-01-2012, 12:08
I don't really have a favorite. I like most movies. There are a few stand out actors and actresses that I like.
Tom Hanks, Johnnie Depp, Robert Downey Jr, Matt Damon, Morgan Freeman, Jack Nickolson, Bruce Willis, Denzel Washington, Al Pacino, Robert Denero
Kate Blanchet, Kate Winslet, Keira Knightly, Angelina Jolie, Helen Mirren, Gwyneth Paltrow, Marisa Tomei.

Jesla
04-01-2012, 12:41
I guess if your young you don't have much to choose from I'mean we had Waynes Fondas Eastwood Bronson McQueen Brener Grant Connery...

who you got...peewee bean willis brosnan...........

http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn207/Jesla3/XD.gif

Gary58
04-01-2012, 12:42
I love me some old movies, but picking favorite actors is tough sine many times they're only as good as the movies themselves.

However, here's a very short list of actors who have been in multiple great movies, imo.
- Bogart
- clint eastwood. (two mules for sister sara is always a fun watch)
- robert Deniro
- paul newman
- Morgan freeman
- al pacino, particlarly the older movies
- joe pesci

I'm there are many others, but these come to mind immediately.

Buckdane
04-01-2012, 13:56
Gee, that is a hard one. Lets see, not in order but:
Tom Selleck
Sam Elliott
Glen Ford (westerns)
John Wayne
Lee Marvin

There, that is whats in my movie library.

Bob
04-04-2012, 16:09
Just to name a few, there are so many!!!
The Duke
Clint Eastwood
Jimmy Stewart
Glen Ford
Robert Duvall
Liam Neeson
Tommy Lee Jones
Russel Crowe
Jason Statham

Paul
04-04-2012, 16:24
Ahh nice list guys :) !

Jimmy Stewart...there's another favorite of mine...loved him in Rear Window and Vertigo.

Plus I have a bit of a soft spot for people from ye ol' home state (and the actors who decided to join the Military in WWII) :)

Wyatt James
04-08-2012, 07:38
I have always been a big Tom Hanks fan. He seems to be able to do it all, comedy, drama, cartoon voices, he really can pull anything off. I am also a big DeNiero (sp) fan.

ThatPipeGuy
04-08-2012, 08:46
There are probably heaps, right now though with my latest cinema experience being The Hunger Games, I've got to say Woody Harrelson. Maybe he's not a great actor that can play any role like Johnny Dep, but I always enjoy him on screen.

Always loved Russel Crowe though.

Michael Goodwin
04-09-2012, 06:36
My favourite actor is Humphrey DeForest Bogart

uberam3rica
04-10-2012, 03:11
Robert Downey Jr

WVDAVE
04-10-2012, 03:20
Bogey and Cagney