PDA

View Full Version : Does Boswell's No-Bite Delight Contain Latakia?

Paul
04-01-2012, 23:16
So, I was entering tobacco info into PSU and looked up Boswell's No-Bite Delight on Luxury Tobacco Reviews (http://luxurytobaccoreviews.com/t/-boswells-pipes-and-tobaccos-no-bite-delite-pipe-tobacco-reviews).

I see in the review it lists Latakia as one of the components...I can neither taste, nor smell any Lat, so I'm wondering if this write up is correct...especially since Lat gives me major migraines...and I'm wondering if the listing is wrong and it's just a coincidence I've had some wicked bad migraines as of late.

Paul
04-02-2012, 00:22
Grrrrrr...I have been told that it does contain Lat...I got 5 ounces of this...DAMNIT!!!!!!! http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smiley_faces/censored-smiley-face.gif?1302011327

Markw4mms
04-02-2012, 00:23
Sorry to hear that,Paul. I'm sure you can trade it off to someone for something you can smoke though.

Puff The Magic
04-02-2012, 00:40
Well did it give you a migraine yet? Could be a psychological aversion to lats bringing on stress....which also is a migraine trigger. Have you smoked any yet?

Ed
Puff

Paul
04-02-2012, 00:43
Yeah...I've been smoking it, and I've had migraines that I thought were going to send me to the ER ... and that was before I looked up the stuff. I didn't know it had Lat in it till today.

The problem is, Lats have the same tannin acids in red wines...which is why reds give me major go to the ER type migraines :( !!!

Eh, I'll just send the stuff out to my nephew.

Tony Malerich
04-02-2012, 00:49
The Boswell's are quite accommodating and I'd say you could just call them to confirm... though it seems you have your answer already unfortunately!

Puff The Magic
04-02-2012, 00:57
Doesn't the description list lats?
Just checked, Boswells and it's a mystery blend but TR spells it out. It has lat. Bummer Paul! Better get rid of it fast, i understand that it does not keep/jar/age well at all.

Ed
Puff

Paul
04-02-2012, 00:58
I'm going to call and confirm anyway...maybe even suggest that if it does contain lat, it should be included in the description on the website...I know several people who are just as sensitive to Lat as I am...

Puff The Magic
04-02-2012, 01:23
And the Boswell Honeymoon has its first sour note ehhh?

I guess Paul is sayin', "Not tonight, i have a headache!". ;)

Ed
Puff

Paul
04-02-2012, 01:46
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_2CZqAm6PWEe1OjlbEbWcJ4tpO27b9 wP3T6RzH4AKr1Cd_Vm1

Paul
04-02-2012, 14:27
And from the blenders themselves (it's funny that several review sites list the components incorrectly...love to know where they pull their info)...

No Bite DeLite -- Hand blended from premium tobaccos. Dan Boswell has created a warm caramel that caresses the palate with aromatic flavors. Dan has truly captured the complexity and full-bodied flavor, but without the BITE.

above is the description from our website...I does not contain latakia...can’t believe everything you read on the net...enjoy!

thanks

Dan Boswell

drdca
04-02-2012, 19:57
You can edit the description on Tobaccoreviews.com -- there's a form to submit......