PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Tobacco

WVDAVE
04-21-2012, 03:11
I'm looking for a decent, sweet smoking cherry tobacco. Is Middleton Cherry worth a try? Is there something better worth trying? I read that the MacBaren 7 Seas Red Blend is really good, but I can't remember if it was a cherry.

soundlzrd
04-21-2012, 03:28
I'm looking for a decent, sweet smoking cherry tobacco. Is Middleton Cherry worth a try? Is there something better worth trying? I read that the MacBaren 7 Seas Red Blend is really good, but I can't remember if it was a cherry.

Middleton cherry is very good, but I wouldn't say it is sweet. Are you looking for candy like sweet? I've heard good things about Cherry Smash from CAO. I'm not much on The super sweet cherry blends. I would look at Boswells too, they have great aromatics.

Bob
04-21-2012, 03:29
I don't much care for Cherry tobacco but I have heard good reviews about C&D's Cherry blend, I am not sure of the name but I am sure somebody here will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob
04-21-2012, 03:35
C&D Black Cherry.
Also heard good things about GH Top Black Cherry.

Arkie_
04-21-2012, 03:38
I like Middletons. It is unique for a cherry tobacco because although it has a wonderful cherry fragrance in the pouch it hardly has any cherry taste. It does have a mild natural tobacco taste and it is well behaved so it smokes to a dry white ash with no bite. I can't detect the chemical, artificial flavoring that most cherry blends have. You might not love it but I doubt you will hate it.

soundlzrd
04-21-2012, 03:49
You might not love it but I doubt you will hate it.

Perfect sig line.

WVDAVE
04-21-2012, 04:22
I think I might try the Boswell's Bear Blend and Cherry Smash. I want to think you guys for your help. I'm putting the C&D Black Cherry, GH Top Black Cherry on my TAD list.

Paul
04-21-2012, 05:24
Ugh, that CAO Cherry Smash...imho was awful...like cough syrup. But that's just me.

I was sent a sample of PA's Cherry Vanilla ... which truly hit the spot for the cherry flavor I was looking for...but of course this stuff seemingly can't be found.

I have some of the Boswell's Bear's Blend which is a cherry caramel...I have come to the conclusion that anything cherry doesn't go with coffee...and since I drink coffee by the gallon...this blend doesn't quite work for me...

Soooo, Dave, if you're interested, I can send some of this blend your way?!? It may not be the cherry you're looking for, but may tide you over till you find something else.

Markw4mms
04-21-2012, 12:41
Not a real fan of cherry tobacco, but Top Black Cherry isn't bad.

Bob
04-21-2012, 12:55
Dave I spoke to my brother, he loves Cherry blends, and he said that Peter Stokkebye Bulk Cherry is real good. He says he likes to mix it 50/50 with PA.

WVDAVE
04-22-2012, 01:07
Well this issue has been settled by my loving wife. she went to the Smoker Friends Store today and picked me up an ounce of Peter Stokkebye Bulk Black Cherry. This is what I was looking for. Nice smooth smoke not to sweet and no chemical taste. I think I'm going to do my first tobacco review on this. Thanks Honey.

cobbsmoker
05-03-2012, 15:25
Middleton's Cherry Blend is a burley forward blend with a wisp of cherry in the background, I like it a lot!

Arkie_
05-03-2012, 15:54
I have a tin of Celtic Talisman and a tin of Svendorg Kirsberry I've not yet opened. Both are cherry blends and I'm looking forward to trying them but I already have too many tins open so it will be a while.

pipeinhand
05-03-2012, 16:22
Top black Cherry and Altadis Cherry. You can get both at P and C.

Puff The Magic
05-03-2012, 21:54
I can't believe nobody has put a good word in for:

Mac Baren "Cherry Ambrosia"! Sweet, mild, relaxing, and lotsa cherry flavor but not overdone.

If you want less cherry but want some deep dark leaf flavor,

GH "Top Black Cherry" is what you want a bowlful of. ;)

Ed
Puff

EMorse
05-04-2012, 04:34
I can't believe nobody has put a good word in for:

Mac Baren "Cherry Ambrosia"! Sweet, mild, relaxing, and lotsa cherry flavor but not overdone.

If you want less cherry but want some deep dark leaf flavor,

GH "Top Black Cherry" is what you want a bowlful of. ;)

Ed
Puff

Another one for the TAD list

Markw4mms
05-04-2012, 09:04
I have to admit, after smoking a few more bowls of SG Top Black Cherry, its starting to grow on me. I thought I'd never smoke a cherry blend that I would like.

Michael Goodwin
05-24-2012, 06:24
The only cherry toby I remember is "Cherry Cav" that I got from Walgreen's. Decent, and only like $20 for a 12 oz. bag

SeanBen
06-29-2012, 07:03
Its a good flavor dude...

pipeinhand
06-29-2012, 16:28
I went on a cheery binge last year. +1 for the Top Black Cherry for a real hit of cherry, but for a smidge try 7 Seas red.

tedvig
07-14-2012, 04:08
I went on a cheery binge last year. +1 for the Top Black Cherry for a real hit of cherry, but for a smidge try 7 Seas red.

The 7 seas red is good?

WVDAVE
07-14-2012, 21:56
I must say that after trying a few, that Hobbit's Weed is the best. :barbershop_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_:barbersho p_quartet_:barbershop_quartet_

Wyatt James
07-15-2012, 18:10
Very tough to find a cherry that really hits what youre looking for. I have a blend from my local Holts which is wild cherry, and that is pretty good.