PDA

View Full Version : GBD Prehistoric & Castello Old Antiquari

scottbtdmb
04-22-2012, 14:42
Morning folks,
I have been riddled with PAD this week and I am glad that I got the "bug", because I added two nice beauties to my collection. First is a beautiful estate GBD Prehistoric rhodesian shape with a perspex stem. I feel in love with the shape, and since I don't have any rhodesians in the collection until now of course, I pulled the triggered. I really only discovered after the fact what a beautiful blast this pipe has and I really dig the perspex stem, although I hear I will have to be careful to clean it frequently with alcohol. It will take its rightful place on my rack later this week when it arrives, along with another half dozen or so GBD's that I own. I only hope I receive it in time for the camping/cabin trip that I am taking next weekend so that I can enjoy a bowl of it lakeside in the mountains of Pennsylvania.
Secondly, I was blown away by this estate Castello Old Antiquari K poker on neatpipes.com. As I had recently bought a nice Old Sea Rock from the same site, I was hesitant to pull the trigger again so soon, but I couldn't help myself. This is another shape that I do not have and I also fell in love with the blast on this pipe as well. As with the GBD, I can only hope this pipe arrives in time for the camping trip....nothing like a good pipe around a campfire or while fishing! Pictures of both pipes are below.

-Scott

soundlzrd
04-22-2012, 14:47
Nice pipes! I really like the poker. PAD can be a beast.

atwageman
04-22-2012, 15:29
I really like that GBD. Nice score.

olderthandirt
04-22-2012, 16:11
That has got to be one of the better Prehistorics I've seen Scott, enjoy those new pipes!

mike68
04-22-2012, 16:36
Very nice indeed sir! That GBD is stunning..

Tony Malerich
04-22-2012, 17:21
I think that GBD is particularly handsome!

Markw4mms
04-22-2012, 22:37
Nice score, I love the perspex stems that GBD used to use. I really like that Castello poker though! I hope to own a Castello one day.

IrishRover
04-23-2012, 10:54
Very nice pipes .. I like the looks of them both. The GBD is really catching my eye..
Congratulations!

Steve Laug
04-23-2012, 14:42
Two nice ones Scott. I really like that old GBD Prehistoric with the Perspex stem. There is something about that particular brand that appeals to me. That one is a very clean example of them. Well done.

scottbtdmb
04-26-2012, 01:10
I am happy to report that both the GBD and the Castello arrived in the mail today safe and sound. Particularly with the GBD, the pictures don't even begin to do the pipe justice. It has a nice deep bowl and will undoubtedly be a great smoker. Better yet, I received a small package in the mail today from a pipe smoker on another board I frequent, containing a dozen samples of Gawith&Hoggarth blends. I am so excited for my camping trip this weekend now that I have some new pipes and tobaccos to enjoy during the 4 hour trip Friday evening up into the mountains of Pennsylvania, not to mention around a nice campfire Saturday night!!!

-Scott

Etph3030
04-26-2012, 02:11
I am with just about everyone here, that GBD is causing some pipe envy. ;)