PDA

View Full Version : Kohlhase, Kopp and Co.

mike68
05-22-2012, 13:39
An FYI post for anyone that might be interested. Been keeping my eyes opened for a couple of weeks sniffing this out, it appears that Kohlhase, Kopp and Co., blend for several brands. The only reason this matters to me is because they make several of the blends I've been real pleased with and will be trying more...the current list I have that they blend are:

Peterson
Rattray’s
Astley’s
Robert McConnell
Savinelli
Wessex

I'll keep looking in case there are others, but since they are responsible for Rattray's 7-Reserve and Pete's Old Dublin and Irish Flake, this peaked my interest. They obviously use quality toby and know what the heck they are doing!

Feel free to add any others that you might know of! Later folks..

Old Ted
05-22-2012, 15:26
I reckon you could nearly double that list!
OT

mike68
05-22-2012, 15:30
Probably so...I've just been quite impressed with their products...

Paul
05-22-2012, 16:46
They also make the Cup o' Joes "house blends".

olderthandirt
05-22-2012, 17:11
Confused here Mike.
Is Kohlhase,Kopp the manufacturer or are they actually distributors?
I still have a problem remembering who actually makes what.

mike68
05-22-2012, 17:50
They are the blenders/makers whom produce these blends for the different "brands"....I've even noticed that, like in the case of Wessex, Kolhase, Kopp & Co. make some blends for them but Orlik also makes some Wessex stuff. It's interesting(maybe just to me!) overall...

Old Ted
05-22-2012, 18:18
It's interesting and informative too - as it's surprising how many folks still think that Ogdens make St.Bruno, Murray make Erinmore, Bells - three nuns etc. etc.
OT

olderthandirt
05-22-2012, 18:28
...It's interesting(maybe just to me!) overall...
Not just you Mike, me too.
Would appear from KK&Co's website that they manufacture some brands and distribute others? For some reason I can't get a decent translation of their site.

Be right handy, (for some of us) to develop a listing of tobacco manufacturers and what brands they actually make.
Googleing for that info left me cross-eyed this morning!

Not really that awfully concerned with who owns what brands so much as where they are actually made. There's food for another thread eh?

As for this particular thread, they make Peterson's blends? Love em'!

Paul
05-22-2012, 18:44
Not just you Mike, me too.
Would appear from KK&Co's website that they manufacture some brands and distribute others? For some reason I can't get a decent translation of their site.

Be right handy, (for some of us) to develop a listing of tobacco manufacturers and what brands they actually make.
Googleing for that info left me cross-eyed this morning!

Not really that awfully concerned with who owns what brands so much as where they are actually made. There's food for another thread eh?

As for this particular thread, they make Peterson's blends? Love em'!

A conversation I had with a specific individual who shall remain nameless, indicated that they are a blender...kind of gave me the impression that if they distribute, they are distributing blends they have made...but don't quote me...I lose, on average, about 2 brain cells per second, so my memory...huh...I forget what I was going to say.. ;)

All I know for certain is they do make the Pete blends and they're a German company.

psquared
05-22-2012, 19:13
...I lose, on average, about 2 brain cells per second, so my memory...huh...I forget what I was going to say.. ;)

All I know for certain is they do make the Pete blends and they're a German company.

Just 2? You're not drinking enough Paul, try to keep up! :biggrin-new:

Good info Mike, thanks!

olderthandirt
05-22-2012, 19:53
...kind of gave me the impression that if they distribute, they are distributing blends they have made...but don't quote me...I lose, on average, about 2 brain cells per second, so my memory...huh...I forget what I was going to say...
Again with KK&Co as an example, they distribute Sam Gawith blends, but they certainly (?) don't make them.

Almost noon here in the valley, 'bout time to chase a few braincells away (-:

Paul
05-22-2012, 21:29
A conversation I had with a specific individual who shall remain nameless, indicated that they are a blender...kind of gave me the impression that if they distribute, they are distributing blends they have made...but don't quote me...I lose, on average, about 2 brain cells per second, so my memory...huh...I forget what I was going to say.. ;)

Again with KK&Co as an example, they distribute Sam Gawith blends, but they certainly (?) don't make them.

Almost noon here in the valley, 'bout time to chase a few braincells away (-:

Hey, I said don't quote me!!! LMAO :)

olderthandirt
05-22-2012, 22:34
Hey, I said don't quote me!!! LMAO :)
Shush now Paul, busy chasing braincells..... (-:

mike68
05-23-2012, 00:24
I'm wondering if there are B&M K, K & C.'s where they carry(distribute) other popular brands?! I'm with you OTD...especially this IF, the more I smoke it, the more I love it! Tasty!

IrishRover
05-23-2012, 11:21
Excellent confusing information ;) ... I'll stick with killin' more brain cells..
...It's 5 o'clock somewhere - right ? ;)

Jaysin
05-26-2012, 04:36
They are great blemders to say the least