PDA

View Full Version : Chris Askwith

soundlzrd
07-11-2012, 15:41
Over the past few months I have been trying to sell some of my pipes for spending money on vacation. Shortly before I left I counted my stash and found I have more than I expected. This came at a good time because I've wanted a Morta pipe for a while, the interview with Chris in the magazine didn't help, and one was posted on smoking pipes just a few days before my trip. So, that's what I got!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/ctmpwrdcamry/31b2f8c5.jpg

The pipe is awesome! The drilling is spot on and big enough to pass a fluffy pipe clean though without issue. The pipe is lite and extremely comfortable in hand and clenched.

The Morta smokes different than other pipe materials I've smoked before, and Key Largo really shines! I awaiting on the pipe to cool to smoke it again.

Nice job Chris. Unfortunate for my wallet, I think I'll have another Askwith Morta at some point.

Sean

Carl
07-11-2012, 16:24
Lovely pipe mate .... enjoy :)

ol gto
07-11-2012, 17:38
Nice pipe, enjoy!

Jesla
07-11-2012, 17:53
Congrates....nice burner. I need to add a Morta to the heard.

soundlzrd
07-11-2012, 18:09
Thanks guys.

Do it Jeff! Asked Tinsky to do one, but he does not work with the material.

Tony Malerich
07-11-2012, 18:16
Whenever I see a morta I get the PAD itch, double so with an Askwith. Some day! Yours is no exception, quite lovely!

Paul
07-11-2012, 19:02
I have to admit, Bulldogs are probably one of my least favorite shapes...

But this one, I dunno, it has a calling to it :) !!!!

Is it more like a nosewarmer? Or is it bigger then the pics show?

soundlzrd
07-11-2012, 19:04
I agree with you about the shape. I've had a few and keep trading them off. However this one I saw in person before picking it up. And, in had, it's perfect!

It's only 5 inches long. Here is the link with the details...
http://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/new/askwith/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=102606

Paul
07-11-2012, 19:11
I think the sandblast makes all the difference with this...I love sandblast (and it's a crime I don't have one in my collection)...either way, it's a gorgeous looking pipe!

soundlzrd
07-11-2012, 19:14
The odd thing about the blast on this morta, is the fact it is still fairly smooth.

That is a shame. We should fix that.

Paul
07-11-2012, 19:28
Well, I'm working on a business idea, or a "real" job, or a decent photo gig to get some cash...once that happens, the no sandblast situation will be rectified!!! :)

I forget where I was, but I was in a shop...crap, may have been when I was in Italy now that I think of it...and picked up a sandblast that had a smoother feel then what I expected...

But enjoy yours...knowing you are making me very jealous :) !!!!

Markw4mms
07-12-2012, 09:23
Nice burner. I've been wanting a morta for a while, but it ain't happening any time soon.

soundlzrd
07-12-2012, 15:27
Marki know what you mean. I've wanted one for a while and finally sold a bunch of pipes I had that I just never choose to smoke.

olderthandirt
07-13-2012, 00:16
soundlzrd, what can one say about that particular pipe other than ooooh!
Ver nice for sure sir!!