PDA

View Full Version : A few new-to-me baccys

Tony Malerich
10-04-2012, 01:41
I've been enjoying some new guy/old guy trades on another forum. I've sent a lot of samples out the door and in exchange have been getting some nice stock for the cellar. Today I got 2 tins of Dunhill Royal Yacht and 8 oz of McClelland 5100 which I've been very eager to try. Part of "trying" so much is (a) I love me some VAs (b) it's a well respected staple and (c) I'm stashing part of it for a long term experiment. My "new guy" is getting a pound or so of samples (33 kinds!) and his very first cob.

HCraven
10-04-2012, 02:20
Good on you, Tony. There's nothing like a good trade, especially one that is mutually beneficial. I'm sure your new guy will find quite a few things he likes among your samples. Let me know what you think of the 5100, by the way.

nsfisher
10-04-2012, 03:49
Nice to try new blends for sure mate. When I order, I order may favorites and usually a new blend or two. My last order was 8oz bag of Penzance and 8oz bag of Stonehaven.

WVDAVE
10-04-2012, 03:55
Tony, let me know what you think of the Dunhill Royal Yacht. Been wanting to try it for awhile now, but haven't had the chance.

Tony Malerich
10-04-2012, 16:28
Well, for both HCraven and WVDAVE... I started with the Royal Yacht. It was ok for a first try. I was having it right after a particularly heavy dinner so any subtlety was lost on me. I will definitely revisit though as the initial impression was at least positive. I followed that up with some 5100 which I immediately loved. I don't think it will be a particularly deep, involved blend but I got a very nice VA sweetness the whole way down. It was exactly what I hoped it would be.

psquared
10-05-2012, 12:58
Need the popcorn eating emoticon. Both blends I've been looking to try. BTW nsfisher, where do you find your Penzance and Stonehaven? I've been thwarted at every turn. him

Markw4mms
10-05-2012, 16:32
Need the popcorn eating emoticon. Both blends I've been looking to try. BTW nsfisher, where do you find your Penzance and Stonehaven? I've been thwarted at every turn. him

Here you go: 1782

I've smoked more than a little Penzance, but never have been lucky enough for any Stonehaven, and it doesn't look like that's gonna change anytime soon. 1783

GeoffC
10-05-2012, 22:57
I haven't had Penzance and Stonehaven since I moved from Kansas City 9 years ago! Hmmm, may have to hit the online shops. Don't see much of that in the Raleigh area.

mike68
10-05-2012, 23:28
Never had Penzance but have tried Stonehaven..quite tasty from what I remember!
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

morty58
11-04-2012, 10:34
I am waiting to try From Esoterica the blend they call " and so to bed, or something like that ) heard great reviews on it. Keep checking smokingpipes no luck so far. One day.