PDA

View Full Version : Tins, Bulk, or Both

Paul
01-23-2012, 00:49
How do you like to buy your baccy?

I first was buying bulks, but lately it's been mostly tins, because it's easier to store in the cellar (well, for the most part). But I also get this bit of satisfaction out of being able to finish off a tin.

But I will buy bulk as well, I really like the Mac Baren HH Matured Virginia and HH Acadian Perique. I tried them in tins first, then bought the 16oz bulk.

So, figured this is a great thread for a new poll...

Markw4mms
01-23-2012, 00:56
Mostly tins here, but I'll be buying some PS LNF in bulk when I get the spare coin for it.

Bob
01-23-2012, 01:29
I generally buy in bulk, but will buy a tin or two to see how I like it. I used to buy a lot if tins for cellaring but I have enough to last me a good long time.

smokindawg
01-23-2012, 08:02
I've got a good mixture of both. I buy mostly bulk, but still buy tins when I can get a good deal on them. That being said, the largest part of my cellar has been purchased from other smokers who have had changing tastes and offer up tins and bulk for sale.

I took up the pipe a bit over 7 years ago and have only ever made one order from an online source and other than from other sources make my other purchases at pipe shows.

olderthandirt
01-23-2012, 12:40
P'raps 50/50. Bulk when I can, tins generally only when not available in bulk.

Price thing dontcha know (-:

MacT
01-23-2012, 16:30
Aiming for 50-50, but only tins here at moment. Mason jars hard to get in UK so got baccy waiting to be tried but will have to wait till I get more MJ's.

Sherlock
01-23-2012, 19:26
I buy mostly tins, but I have pretty good cellar of bulk. I guess the reason for that is because most of the blends I like are in tins.

Pipedad
01-25-2012, 16:24
I smoke only from tins since I only smoke on the average of two bowls a day and buying in bulk would be overkill for me and take too many jars. I always commit my tins, once opened, to Kerr jars.