PDA

View Full Version : Wax

MrTree
12-08-2012, 11:49
Ok when using wax on a rusticated pipe. Do you first heat the wax before applying it to the pipe?

Bob
12-08-2012, 12:03
I tried waxing a rusticated pipe once and had a hell of a time removing excess wax. I just give my rusticated pipes a quick buff with carnauba wax.

MrTree
12-08-2012, 14:26
Ok pardon my ignorance, but...

What makes carnauba wax different from others. And did you heat it or apply cold?

Also I have some Halcyon wax which someone recommended for rusticated pipes. Anyone have experience with it?

Bob
12-08-2012, 14:52
The carnauba is in a hard cake form that you apply directly to your spinning buffer, then apply to the pipe.

ozark southpaw
12-08-2012, 18:42
Ok pardon my ignorance, but...

What makes carnauba wax different from others. And did you heat it or apply cold?

Also I have some Halcyon wax which someone recommended for rusticated pipes. Anyone have experience with it?

I use Halcyon on a lot of my rusticated pipes. I apply it with a tiny brush(sparingly) so that it can be worked down into all the nooks and crannies,then use a finger to rub it into the smooth areas. After drying--I let it dry longer than is recommended on the jar-- I buff using a shoe brush and finish up with a soft cotton cloth. Works very well for me.
I have a buffer and enough carnauba to last a life time,but find the Halcyon quicker and easier than applying carnauba on a rusticated pipe.

MrTree
12-08-2012, 19:47
Thanks for the info!