PDA

View Full Version : Rinaldo or Castello?

Jason64
12-26-2012, 03:33
Hi folks,
I was wondering if You could share your opinion with me.which Brand do you think has better quality?
Rinaldo or Castello?
Thank you
Happy holidays

Wyatt James
12-26-2012, 03:35
I think again, going with personal pref but I think I'd lead toward the Rinaldo

Markw4mms
12-26-2012, 21:08
I have no personal experience with either, but have wanted a Castello for years, and have never heard of anyone having one that was a bad smoker. I used to work at Tinder Box, and have sold many Castello's, I have seen first hand how nice they are.

Bob
12-26-2012, 21:24
I have a Castello Old Sea Rock and it is a great smoking pipe!!!

vampeta
03-06-2013, 19:32
both of them are great pipes, sadly their prices are quite high, however in my opinion they are both good pipes, just a question of taste,I would say rinaldo.

morty58
03-07-2013, 03:06
Whatever you can afford, and what one catches your eye.

vampeta
11-09-2013, 21:56
I know this thread is a bit old, however I'd like to speak here about another brand, maybe less known but really good.
the brand is capitello, it was a brand that made pipe from the early 80s till the 90s, headed by galluzzo. he together with others (radice and ascorti) spltted from caminetto to start their personal business.
sadly for several ways,galluzzo didn't last a long, but that fault was definitely not sure to his pipes.
capitello are great pipes, seasoned a lot, is not hard to find some unsmoked on eBay.
they are usually rusticated, very very similar to a castello sea rock, galluzzo/capitello was the first in Italy to introduce the oil curing four the bowls.
they are great pipes, dry and very good.
the only difference is that you can find some new to very very interesting prices.
I think nowadays there an other brand named capitello, the logo is very different and the production is german, with the horrible to me 9mm hole.