PDA

View Full Version : Philly's Morley's PC Thursday 17Jan 7:00pm

lestrout
01-10-2013, 16:11
2013 starts off next week as usual (though 3rd Thursday this month) at the Pen & Pencil Club on Latimer St. We've been picking up new members the last several meetings but there's still plenty of room. The club is very accomodating - they like our group, maybe because the pipes give the place more class.

hp
les

Wyatt James
01-10-2013, 16:38
FINALLY! A local pipe smoker. I have been looking for a group in the Phila area. Any other details about the club?

lestrout
01-10-2013, 18:21
Yo Wyatt - I'm in West Chester and hang in Old Havana, JM Cigars, Top Shelf, Black Cat and BnB as well as Holt's when I'm downtown.

Morley's has been running for a bunch of years and we meet monthly. Food at the club is the best deal downtown and cooked to order. The bar is well supplied too. PM me and we can chat.

hp
les

Wyatt James
01-10-2013, 20:05
Greal Les. E-mail sent in response to your PM

lestrout
01-11-2013, 14:55
Some more info on Morley's: Morley's has been meeting monthly for a bunch of years. In fact, the first sanctioned slow smoking contest with standardized international rules and identical specially made pipes was 11 years ago here in Philly. We've been meeting at the Pen & Pencil Club, which has dinner cooked to order, a fine bar and grandfathered rules to allow, even welcome, us to smoke. Philly and PA banned smoking in public places a couple of years ago, so we are lucky to have a venue that even likes us. The address is 1522 Latimer St and parking for us next door is $11, less than the usual.

hp
les

Wyatt James
01-11-2013, 22:44
Awesome. I shot you an e-mail. I def hope to join you guys!