PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some input...

mike68
01-27-2012, 01:52
about Brigham pipes. They have recently been priced a bit better and, although they are now made in either Italy or Germany(?) I think, they have become more available in the US...

So, anyone own or have owned in the past that might have an opinion? All input welcome..thanks!

Paul
01-27-2012, 04:55
I have one. Most of their pipes are made in Italy with some being made in France.

Granted I only have one (a Brigham 2-dot Algonquin), it's a nifty pipe. It's about the only pipe that has a filter I actually use (all though I also smoke it w/o the filter as well).

http://www.psaphotos.com/Still-Life/Briars-and-Pipes/i-dSJCg85/4/M/untitled-14-of-25-M.jpg

I'm not a big fan of whatever they coat the interior of the chamber with, but it doesn't impart a taste or anything...my opinion...go for it...they're a nice addition to any collection.

MacT
01-27-2012, 10:11
That is a great shaped pipe.

mike68
01-27-2012, 14:30
Thanks Ninja - turns out the Algonquin is the line I'm considering...thanks for the reply!

Paul
01-27-2012, 15:08
Thanks Ninja - turns out the Algonquin is the line I'm considering...thanks for the reply!

You're welcome :) Let us now what you end up getting!

I have a bit of a goal for my pipe collection and once that's complete I'd like to get another Brigham myself.

Bob
01-27-2012, 15:55
I have never owned a Brigham, but I like the looks of some of their pipes.