PDA

View Full Version : What type of pipes are recommended for flakes?

Jason64
02-01-2013, 22:31
Dear Friends,
I would be Grateful if you guided me through the this. I wanted to know what type of pipes are the appropriate ones for flake?
Thank you

uncamitch
02-01-2013, 22:42
I found by Dublins work for flakes
but lately I have done the z fold and roll method with a billiard and it worked nice

mike68
02-01-2013, 23:14
Sorta depends for me but it seems the straighter the sides the better all VA's seem to burn, flake out otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Arkie_
02-02-2013, 00:14
My palate isn't sufficiently sophisticated to detect differences in the way different blends work in different pipes. I just go with whatever blend I'm in the mood for in whatever pipe I want to smoke at the moment.

Bob
02-02-2013, 00:26
I fully rub out all of my flakes, so any pipe I have smoke them well.

HCraven
02-02-2013, 02:35
I fully rub out all of my flakes, so any pipe I have smoke them well.
I'm with Bob. I might fold and stuff a Virginia flake if I'm smoking the right pipe, but it's often more out of laziness than anything else, and even then I often wish I'd taken the time to rub it out. Flakes aren't a uniform size or shape across the board, so unless you want to dedicate a particular pipe to a flake tobacco that is always consistent in cut and suited to the size of the pipe, I don't see losing any sleep worrying about pipe shapes or dimensions. Get a pipe you like and pack it well. If that means rubbing out a flake (or 1 1/2, or 2), do it. Better to have an enjoyable smoke than struggle because you're married to a technique, IMO.

Jason64
02-02-2013, 21:02
Thank you so much for valuable information

Wyatt James
02-02-2013, 22:18
Much like the previous two, I rub it out as much as possible. I tend to use my larger meer though, only because the bowl is bigger to handle anything that didnt breakdown as well