PDA

View Full Version : Two Friends - Celtic Mist 2oz Tin for trade

Paul
02-06-2012, 16:17
My local B&M has a running deal of buy 4 tins and get the 5th for free, with the inflated prices (compared to online) that comes out to about 5 or 6 tins with shipping from most online dealers...so to me it's a wash...

I picked this one up because it was recommended by the owner of the B&M.

2 Bowls taken out and unfortunately this is a rare instance of knowing I will not ever like this stuff.

The details:

Brand: Two Friends
Blender: Craig Tarler & G. L. Pease
Tin Description: A base of the highest grades of Cavendish, with just a bit of Burley, is enhanced with wonderfully sweet Virginia tobaccos. A delightful tobacco flavor sets the stage, enhanced, not overwhelmed, by the addition of a little essence of Irish Mist. The room aroma is equally enchanting to those fortunate enough to be in the presence of the smoker.
Country of Origin: US
Curing Group: Flue Cured
Contents: Burley, Cavendish, Virginia
Cut: Ribbon

It has a tin date of 05 Apr 2011, I purchased / opened it on 30 Jan 2012, only took about 2-3 bowls from it. It smoked well, it's very dry in the tin so it requires no prep time, just a flavor I'm not into.

drdca
02-06-2012, 19:19
I can offer you a tin of Erinmore Mixture (not the flake) that also has 2-3 bowls gone -- but I'm in Canada so I'll understand if you decline. :-)

Paul
02-06-2012, 19:45
I have no problems making trades with my neighbors to the north. I like the Erinmore Flake - have been curious to try the Erinmore mixture.

drdca
02-06-2012, 21:16
Super - it's a deal, thanks! PM sent :-)

Paul
02-06-2012, 21:57
Thanks Dallas :) !!! I will send you a PM when it's on it's way :) !!!

Paul
02-17-2012, 23:23
Just for the record - drdca held up his end and I received the tin quite quickly :) !!! Hopefully the USPS can get his to Canada w/o issues :) !

drdca
02-18-2012, 04:07
Fingers crossed -- I'm already drooling! :-)

drdca
02-18-2012, 05:56
BTW, have you tried the Erinmore Mix yet? What do you think of it?

Paul
02-21-2012, 15:28
BTW, have you tried the Erinmore Mix yet? What do you think of it?

I haven't just yet - haven't been smoking much lately :( ! But I kind of curious to see if how much difference there is between it and the flake :), so want to try 'em back to back...hopefully this weekend :) !

drdca
02-21-2012, 18:04
Ahh -- makes sense! I haven't seen the Celtic yet -- maybe this week! :-)

Paul
02-21-2012, 18:16
Hopefully it gets to you soon - they said two weeks. I think yours got to me so fast because I noticed the box still had the "Priority Mail" tape on it...when I repurposed the box the clerk was irritated since I wasn't sending it Priority Mail...so I have a feeling it got treated as priority mail...because I'm still waiting on stuff from OTD from out west that hasn't reached me yet...so I can't believe something from Canada would only take 2 days.

drdca
02-21-2012, 22:51
You could well be right -- I wasn't really familiar with that label and I guess the postal clerk wasn't either! :-) I'm sure it will get here eventually. Anyway, all pipe smokers are patient, aren't I? :-)

drdca
02-23-2012, 22:59
Hey Paul -- the Celtic Mist just arrived! The postmark is Feb 13, so 10 days isn't bad, really! Thanks for your good packaging - I had quite a fight to get into it! :-) No problem with customs!

It seems a tad dry -- did you find it smoked ok like that or do you suggest I moisten it?

Thanks for the trade!

Paul
02-23-2012, 23:07
Awesome, yeah 10 days isn't too bad, for not only crossing the coast but entering another country :).

That stuff was pretty darn dry when I opened the tin (actually was surprised considering most aro's are usually a little moist).

I am one who likes my tobacco on the dry side, so I smoked the couple of bowls I had they way it is...seemed okay, because of that I didn't think of trying to rehydrate it any. So I'm going to take the diplomatic approach to answer this one...try it both ways :) !!!

And thank you for the trade as well...nice to help out our friends north of the border :) !!!

drdca
02-23-2012, 23:12
And I should mention that (as you may see from this thread) that Paul kept me informed all the way, and did all the rights things to get the tin here in a timely fashion! Always a pleasure to trade with someone who knows how to do it! :-)

Paul
02-24-2012, 03:54
And I should mention that (as you may see from this thread) that Paul kept me informed all the way, and did all the rights things to get the tin here in a timely fashion! Always a pleasure to trade with someone who knows how to do it! :-)

Awww shucks you're gonna make me blush...lol...

Since the trade is complete - I'm certainly satisfied, and Dallas seems happy on his end - I'm gonna close this one out :) !!!

Thanks again Dallas :) !!!