PDA

View Full Version : Posting Of NSFW Content And New Rules Updates

Markw4mms
03-06-2014, 17:11
To all PSU members: We have decided that we needed to make a few changes to the forum, including rules changing, and I wanted to make you all aware of them.
We ask that any non pipe related threads that might contain language or images that would be considered NSFW be posted in The Back Room.
Also, be advised that The Back Room is accessible only to full PSU members who have the met the required minimum post count of 50.
The rules for content, and The Back Room (Rule #3)are as follows:
3. Debates and discussion are encouraged, but keep it friendly. Personal attacks, insults and name calling may result in; a moderator editing the post, the post being deleted, or an infraction being issued.

3a. All threads that are not pipe related, and might contain pictures/language that might be considered NSFW, should be posted in The Back Room Forum. The PSU staff reserves the right to move or at our discretion, delete any post that has NSFW content posted outside The Back Room. Also if you start a thread in The Back Room that you know to be blatantly NSFW, we ask that you state that it is NSFW in the thread title.

3b. The Back Room is available only to full PSU members who have reached the minimum post count of 50.
If you are easily offended, viewing NSFW flagged posts are at your own risk.The full list of forum rules can be found here: http://pipesmokerunlimited.com/showthread.php?1903-Forum-Rules-updated-06-Mar-2014

While we don't want to censor post here since we're an adult site, but we need to strike a balance between free speech and maintaining a certain level of decorum on the main forum.

The PSU staff would like to thank all of you for your cooperation as we continue to make PSU a fun, and enjoyable place for all pipe smokers as we continue to grow.

Gator Wrestler
03-06-2014, 17:22
I will be riding the escalator down to the back room

Rockbass
03-06-2014, 17:23
What does "NSFW" mean?

Markw4mms
03-06-2014, 17:24
Sorry, Not Safe For Work. Basically anything that would get you in trouble if your boss saw it on your computer at work.

Gunsmoke
03-06-2014, 17:34
Mark If I was looking at a computer at work I would definitely get fired.

http://image.shutterstock.com/display_pic_with_logo/211087/211087,1235867199,3/stock-photo-brick-columns-with-scaffolding-25843075.jpg

allyby
03-06-2014, 21:08
Thanks Mark!

Coastie3202
03-06-2014, 21:11
May be a good idea to move the Thread of Awesome to The Back Room. You may have already done that though.

I for one appreciate that we can have a place to post things that are, let's say colorful, without the risk of offending others. So from me.....Thank You.

St. Bernhardt
03-06-2014, 21:30
May be a good idea to move the Thread of Awesome to The Back Room. You may have already done that though.

I for one appreciate that we can have a place to post things that are, let's say colorful, without the risk of offending others. So from me.....Thank You.

Well, just to make it clear, the Back Room is NOT a door open to be able to insult other members... The rules that Mark wrote above apply.

UtahBob
03-07-2014, 16:38
Thanks for the work and the clarity, Mark. And all the other admins and mods.