PDA

View Full Version : Boswells anyone?

Puff The Magic
04-24-2014, 22:48
Saturdays would be best for me but Fridays or Mondays may work too.

Puff

Gator Wrestler
04-24-2014, 23:37
Wish I lived closer I dig some of their baccys

purplemotoman
04-25-2014, 00:44
I was told to get some of their aros. They may be my next order.

Etph3030
04-25-2014, 00:45
Ed, I plan on being around the Wilkes-Barre area in late June/early July. I will definitely make it to Boswell's. I'll let you know specifically as it gets closer.

Puff The Magic
04-26-2014, 12:21
Tres Cool Ian! I'm about 2hrs away from Boswells.

Puff

St. Bernhardt
04-26-2014, 13:33
Post some pics from the meeting when the time comes, please!

Have a terrific time!

Puff The Magic
04-26-2014, 17:30
Post some pics from the meeting when the time comes, please!

Have a terrific time!

Isn't that the unwritten rule? I mean why not!?

Puff

strongirish
04-28-2014, 16:17
Wish I could be there, I have a couple of their pipes and they are great smokers. Have fun!

Etph3030
06-19-2014, 00:42
Ed! My plans have shifted. We will be leaving for PA after the 4th of July. Possibly on the fifth, and will be up there through the 21st. My schedule should be a bit more open this year. Unfortunately my sisters and I couldn't coordinate a family get together.

Hope we can get together. The Italian restaurant right across the street has good eats as well!

Puff The Magic
06-19-2014, 01:00
Ian, I'm 2hrs away as long as traffic behaves. I'm also fairly free after the 6th of Jul. Whenever works out for you, I'll do my best to be there!

Puff

Etph3030
07-06-2014, 21:22
Does the 10th or 11th work for you Ed?

riff raff
07-08-2014, 12:20
I'm free on the evening of the 10th, I'm not sure what time they close. (I could do 4 PM or so). I'll be working near Carlisle that afternoon.

Etph3030
07-08-2014, 13:16
I'm 3 hours away at the moment. I don't think I could stay past 4 pm. :(

Etph3030
07-10-2014, 23:25
Well, I will be heading down to Chambersburg tomorrow. I plan to arrive around 10:30 or so. If anyone is free and somewhat local, I'd be delighted to share a few bowls and browse their wares with some of the fine members here.

Puff The Magic
07-16-2014, 12:27
Apologies for standing you up Ian! Glad the trip was fruitful for you though!

Puff

Etph3030
07-16-2014, 12:29
No worries Ed.

Puff The Magic
07-18-2014, 01:04
This Saturday! I'll be at Boswells! Anyone local, and ya wanna burn some, be there!

I understand Ian (Etph3030) will be there for a short encore of TAD! Ought to be a Grand Performance!

Puff

Puff The Magic
07-19-2014, 23:34
Had a nice bowl with Ian and met his beautiful wife and 4 daughters! So glad I got this opportunity to meet up and smoke a bowl with Ian, he's a Great Guy! His doggies are cool too!

Sorry, no pics of this mini-PSU Event, we had just enough time to burn up a bowlful, while his doggies sat patiently in his van (vent windows open and AC "on") and his wife and daughters waited for us to do our ritual of smoke! Had a really good time! Ian knew my weakness....."new to me tobacco"! He whipped out a nice stick (more like a branch!) of Motzek Strang and melted my heart! Also gave me the remainder of an open tin of HU Flanagan. I have not smoked either of these two yet as they will be cherished and enjoyed shortly!

I did pick up a 250 gm box of SG Kendal Plug (unsliced BBF), a can of McCl Christmas Cheer 2013, a Pete tobacco pouch, and some rubber "stem condoms". Great shop Boswells is! They even came in and asked if Ian knew his van was still running, and when Ian told hi his doggies were in the car, the Boswells staff then said to bring the doggies into the store! Wow! What Service!

Needless to say, Boswells ROCKS!

Thank You Ian and Boswells Staff!

Puff

HCraven
07-19-2014, 23:38
Glad you two got together, Ed! Wish I could have made it out, but it's a long haul from Indiana. Someday, though.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk

Puff The Magic
07-20-2014, 00:32
When Ian whipped out the Strang, I thought about you Herb, when I refused your kind offer to toss me some Strang a while ago and I came to my senses! Inside, I was like a kid with a brand new candy bar! I couldn't refuse it with that dauntingly thick stick staring me in the face challenging me to go to fire with it! Opportunity knocked twice! I answered the door the second time luckily! Felt foolish for refusing your kind offer Herb! Thanks again Herb! Apparently, you know my weakness as well!

I love trying new tobaccos BUT am soooo apprehensive towards this since my cellar is "Complete"! I don't want to go chasing hard to impossible to get smokes when my cellar is Fat and Happy! I guess now, it's fatter and happier!

Thank You, again, both Ian (for twisting my arm, dangling that thick stick in front of me) and Herb (for making me realize I was a fool for refusing your offer in my stoopidly foolish ways). You guys ROCK!

Puff

HCraven
07-20-2014, 01:00
I had a similar experience a few years ago when some of us were discussing Kingfisher on PSF. I knew the blend was out of print and old stock was rare, and I turned down a sample kindly offered to me by another member (was that you? I don't recall, exactly), saying pretty much the same thing, I didn't want to get hooked on something that I couldn't find in the future, plus I hated to dip into someone else's precious supply. Another friend later offered me an opened tin; he had a few bowls and it just wasn't his thing. I got it and smoked it, and it was great, really top shelf stuff. Can't really get it anymore, but I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Puff The Magic
07-20-2014, 01:23
Just may have been me Herb! 2011 was when I lucked out scoring a few tins of KF by calling tobacconists who had minimal web presence. Sadly now, KF will probably not be revived as it was a Butera blend and he no longer distributes. Arango only bought the distributorship for Esoterica and not the other Butera blends.

Btw, the offer is still good Herb! May as well accept......resistance is futile!

Only problem, I have all of my tins in large hard vinyl-plastic crates (10 as of now, each holding over 200 tins each) and none of the crates are labelled (forces me to stay out) so when I find it, it's still yours if ya want it! One tin won't even put a ripple in the cellar. Less than a drop in a full bucket.

Edit: after re-reading my post, my mammaries got jogged, lol, I know two tins I use in displays (pipe racks w/pipes AND leaf). So, say the word and I'll send one your way ok?

Puff

Etph3030
07-20-2014, 01:49
It was indeed a great time, and as you all well know, Ed is also one great guy. It was an enjoyable sit down, and Ed dropped some cobs on me and samples of the Comoy's cask blends #4 and #7. Haven't had the chance to sit down and try them out. I will when I get back home and don't have the stress of travel on my mind.

Hope we can arrange another sit down for a longer period next year.

Puff The Magic
07-20-2014, 17:52
Ohhhhh yeah......I did pick up this little Goddess at Boswells, $69! She smokes fine too!

Puff