PDA

View Full Version : Cigar smokers... Favourite pipe tobacco?

Kiwicrusaders
05-30-2014, 08:54
I have just joined this forum and am curious. For those that indulge in both cigars and pipes... What is your favourite pipe robacco and cigar preferences respectively.

I love Saint Luis Rey Regios, Montechristo PE, H Upmann PCs and PLPCs.... As yet have not tried pipe tobacco, but looking forward to see what my preferences are.

St. Bernhardt
05-30-2014, 09:00
It's hard to pick one favourite pipe tobacco but among my absolute favourites are Condor Long Cut, Irish Flake, Nightcap and Capstan blue...

As for cigars, I prefer them on the spicy side, so my favourites are Partagás Series D # 4, Ramon Allones Small Club Corona and Cohiba Siglo 6... also like Nicaraguan cigars plus some of the Dominican cigars (Davidoff Grand Cru series)...

briandevlin
05-30-2014, 09:03
C&D Habana Daydream

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Pandyboy
05-30-2014, 09:17
For me my favourite tobacco at the moment is Erinmore flake.
Cigar wise I love the Cohiba Siglo VI and Partagas SD4. Non cubans it has to be the AF short story and work of art. The other cigar I love is the CAO La Traviata range.

HCraven
05-30-2014, 12:15
While I wouldn't want to be restricted to just one or two pipe tobaccos, I'd say may favorite all-around-knock-my-socks-off-make-me-drop-to-my-knees-and-thank-the-tobacco-gods-for-smiling-on-me blend would be Smokers' Haven Exotique Mixture. Excellent all-day smokes for me are Mac Baren Golden Extra and Rattray's Hal O' The Wynd.

As far as cigars, I've only dabbled a bit, but I found Oliva Serie G Maduros to be a fantastic smoke for a decent price.

HCraven
05-30-2014, 12:16
C&D Habana Daydream

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Kinda covers both bases, eh Brian?

whiskey
05-30-2014, 23:00
Storm front in a cob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markw4mms
05-30-2014, 23:14
One of my favorites is GLP Key Largo if comparing pipe blends to the flavors of a cigar.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk

Brooklin Bill
05-30-2014, 23:24
Bracken Flake and Dark Brown Flake unscented would be my offerings to match cigars.

Gabriel~CRT
09-03-2014, 19:27
The pipe tobacco that provided a good introduction to me as a cigar smoked was McClelland Black Sea Sokhoum. I like full-bodied Nicaraguans like Tatuaje, RomaCraft, and Illusione. Also enjoy Montecristo Petit Edmundos, Cobiba Siglo II, & Trinidad Fundadores