PDA

View Full Version : Double posts

TateLMcD
08-19-2014, 07:06
What is going on with the double post problem?

Details:
Firefox user (latest update always installed)
Ad-block Plus plugin

Over the past few days when I reply to a thread:
1) At first there would be duplicate posts despite only clicking the reply button a single time (very sure about this)
2) Yesterday I replied to a thread and instead of a duplicate post, my post when through and under my text it said "-- updated --" and had the exact same text a second time, essentially duplicating my content in a single post.
3) Today I replied to a post and was brought to a page that said something about detecting a duplicate post in the last five minutes. My reply went through but apparently there was a second attempt somehow that was prevented.

Additional note:
After the first problems, I logged out, cleared all cookies, logged back in, and was able to reply normally for a brief time.

I am reasonably sure I have no malware on my PC.

This is super annoying and even embarrassing! Can someone give us details of what is going on?

St. Bernhardt
08-19-2014, 07:16
Hi Tate,

we are working on the problem and hope to fix it soon... sorry for the inconvenience the double posts are causing.

purplemotoman
08-19-2014, 12:21
I don't get to double post. I get a popup that says you can not post this as you have already posted it.

St. Bernhardt
08-19-2014, 12:25
That's because we have implemented a "double post check" until we fix the issue...

We are on the right track, though, and hope to get things back to normal shortly.

St. Bernhardt
08-19-2014, 14:03
The problem should be solved now...

purplemotoman
08-21-2014, 12:12
The problem should be solved now...
Bo are we still having a few issues? I am unable to post in some of the threads. For example I can't reply to Daves thread "Some Other Packed Away Pipes". I am getting a 404 Forbidden Error. I am not bugging just asking. I know you have had enough on your plate lately.

St. Bernhardt
08-21-2014, 12:30
Could be some word blocking the post... for instance W E S S E X can't be spelt without the spacing and submitted in a post for some reason. We've had the same issue with the word "P O K E R" some time again... try rephrasing the post.

St. Bernhardt
08-21-2014, 12:32
Actually, P O K E R seems to be causing trouble again, too.

We will have a look at it...

St. Bernhardt
08-21-2014, 12:36
Did you write P O K E R, Bill?

purplemotoman
08-21-2014, 12:54
Did you write P O K E R, Bill?
Yes I did. I will try posting without that word.

St. Bernhardt
08-21-2014, 12:56
Figured so...

You can use the spacing between the letters... that'll work.

We will fix the two words problem shortly.

purplemotoman
08-21-2014, 12:56
Yes I did. I will try posting without that word.
It works if I don't write P O K E R.

St. Bernhardt
08-21-2014, 13:00
Thanks for your understanding, Bill! Your contribution here is highly appreciated!

Aristokles
08-21-2014, 13:53
I "think" but am not sure that the times I was getting double posts might have been when I employed the "Reply to Thread" button rather than the "Quick Reply" box. Almost afraid to test it.

St. Bernhardt
08-21-2014, 14:01
FYI, Jeff just fixed the "POKER" and "WESSEX" issue!

Aristokles,

please test if you get a double post. Should work now....