Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ebaywatch

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Ebaywatch

Quote Originally Posted by misterlowercase View Post
    The best I've ever managed on ebay was around 7 years ago when I sold a Nirvana 7" for $360 which I had bought new at the recordshop for $5.

The value has fallen since then,
    but it's still rather pricey:
    https://www.discogs.com/Nirvana-The-...release/873822

The big irony is that on the sleeve it says:
    special low price

It's a really great version of an old Velvet Underground song.

I was very fortunate to see them play live in 1990 at a small venue and the experience was incredible, at one point I was even up on stage taking pictures because at the time I was making a xerox zine called Swerve and would do show reviews etc, I had a Canon AE-1 35mm and the pix came out great.

Just now looking for that track, I discovered some video footage from that very show,
    brings back grand memories!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sM8sn3OWI0

They put on a thrillingly great show!
    The best I've got (I'm not selling) is an Idiot Flesh CD. I saw it going for around $350.00! It has a very cool, creative booklet and of course it is now out of print.

Good job on the Nirvana! And it was only a 7" to boot! lol. I wonder if any of these folks that buy these items for a hefty fee ever have buyers remorse? I know I would. I've never been a big Nirvana guy, so I wouldn't have given that transaction a second thought.

Come to think of it, some of my Tool LP's are probably worth some dough! Those albums are very near and dear to my heart though, so I could never part with them.

Do you have any digital copies of Swerve by chance?
    Last edited by Hawky454; 06-12-2017 at 16:57.

Real Name
    Dave

I guess the "rarest" collectables I have are the first nine issues or so of Cavallino magazine. I was the Mail Room boy at the publisher's when the magazine was first started before I graduated High School (1979). You can imagine how cool I though that job was! I wouldn't sell them on ebay, I'd just sell them to the guy at Albaco. Of course, their still just sitting around...

cv001_m.jpg

https://ssl31.pair.com/albaco/store/home.php?cat=249

FORZA FERRARI!

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    The best I've got (I'm not selling) is an Idiot Flesh CD. I saw it going for around $350.00! It has a very cool, creative booklet and of course it is now out of print.

Good job on the Nirvana! And it was only a 7" to boot! lol. I wonder if any of these folks that buy these items for a hefty fee ever have buyers remorse? I know I would. I've never been a big Nirvana guy, so I wouldn't have given that transaction a second thought.

Come to think of it, some of my Tool LP's are probably worth some dough! Those albums are very near and dear to my heart though, so I could never part with them.

Do you have any digital copies of Swerve by chance?
    Nope.

Dude, I'm like a caveman!
    LOL

Wouldn't be worth scanning anyway as it was quite juvenile.
    It only lasted 2 issues, sold it on the shelves of several local recordshops and traded it with other zinesters.

I still have the originals, but they're buried in the dungeon.

Me and a couple of other guys made a skatezine too,
    it was actually pretty cool.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcmtk View Post
    I guess the "rarest" collectables I have are the first nine issues or so of Cavallino magazine. I was the Mail Room boy at the publisher's when the magazine was first started before I graduated High School (1979). You can imagine how cool I though that job was! I wouldn't sell them on ebay, I'd just sell them to the guy at Albaco. Of course, their still just sitting around...

cv001_m.jpg

https://ssl31.pair.com/albaco/store/home.php?cat=249

FORZA FERRARI!
    That is awesome.

Dayum!!!!

Those mags are $$$

I've met several Ferrari owners and they were way cool, very down to earth guys.

One of them was racing his '57 Testarossa in the Walter Mitty at Road Atlanta, he was a true gentleman, enduring my rambling questions etc, and when he got it out on the track he went full throttle and didn't baby it at all.

I have a bad image of Lambo owners in my mind because that marque seems to me to be a status symbol and Lambo ain't even got no racing pedigree.

My dream car is a 1969 Alfa Romeo GTV 1750, which I don't think I'll ever own, but I did buy a great book one time when the Alfa owners convention was held in Atlanta, the buddy I went with thought I was absolutely nuts to pay $100 for a book, but it turned out to be a very good investment --- when I saw what they were selling for I had to let my copy go, it went for a little over $500 and since then there's been a reprinted new edition because the demand was so great, copies of the original edition like I had have some crazy asking prices:

https://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sea...0119710-_-used

I need to dig through my automobilia books and do some research on current prices,
    got too much stuff gummed up and useless.

Speaking of excess stuff,
    got myself yet another dust bunny.

Couldn't resist bidding and I was the only punter.

These tins go for much more when listed in the UK as they have cross-appeal due to the great pictorial image.

An oldie from John Sinclair:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-The-...vip=true&rt=nc

Quite a beautiful tin it is.

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by misterlowercase View Post
    Nope.

Dude, I'm like a caveman!
    LOL

Wouldn't be worth scanning anyway as it was quite juvenile.
    It only lasted 2 issues, sold it on the shelves of several local recordshops and traded it with other zinesters.

I still have the originals, but they're buried in the dungeon.

Me and a couple of other guys made a skatezine too,
    it was actually pretty cool.
    Pretty cool that you actually did it though! I always wanted to do something like that in my younger days but I was all talk.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Over the past couple weeks I've sold a few bags of Esoterica. One of my bags of Penzance sold for a mindblowing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid360 View Post
    Over the past couple weeks I've sold a few bags of Esoterica. One of my bags of Penzance sold for a mindblowing....

Can't stand anyone ripping off fellow pipe smokers to make a profit, hope your happy with yourself!

Ebaywatch

Quote Originally Posted by allyby View Post
    Can't stand anyone ripping off fellow pipe smokers to make a profit, hope your happy with yourself!
    It's an auction! I don't set the price! What did I do wrong? Yes, I am happy with myself, thanks.
    Ask around, I've given away FAR more tobacco than I've ever sold. Don't make stupid judgements unless you know the facts.

Last edited by liquid360; 06-15-2017 at 21:41.

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

Quote Originally Posted by liquid360 View Post
    It's an auction! I don't set the price! What did I do wrong? Yes, I am happy with myself, thanks.

I would rather give it to a friend at cost or even under, but if that rocks your boat making profit in our community so be it, it's your conscience

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast