Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Newest Balkan Sobranie

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RP McMurphy View Post
    We ALL have different tastes, that is a known factor. And for the record when I don't care for the taste of something I don't pull punches, for that fact I don't with anything I dislike or like.
    I like Warhorse Green too and I like the New Balkan Sobranie (even though Balkans make me cough until the middle of the bowl). But, when I do state I dislike something I don't point fingers at the manufacturer and state that Idon't like and or it tastes like crap to me. Just to make things clear.
    I also like tunafish and jelly sandwiches and I'm sure there are many that don't but, that doesn't make it wrong if someone expresses themselves about their dislike for it.
    Besides, ya know what they say about opinions.......
    You're using tuna and jelly sandwiches to make a point, right? Or do you actually eat that? I've never even heard of that combo before. Any specific flavour of jelly? Does the tuna have mayo in it, or is it mixed up with the jelly in place of mayo? My entire culinary philosophy, everything I know or think I know about food, might be shaken to the ground here.

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Golly Moses! I think I'd rather see Jesse as a centerfold than eat a tuna fish and jelly sandwich.

Real Name
    Ron
    Pipe smoker since
    unsure anymore

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    You're using tuna and jelly sandwiches to make a point, right? Or do you actually eat that? I've never even heard of that combo before. Any specific flavour of jelly? Does the tuna have mayo in it, or is it mixed up with the jelly in place of mayo? My entire culinary philosophy, everything I know or think I know about food, might be shaken to the ground here.
    Yes! I eat them or at least use to when I was younger. I use Grape Jelly and mix my Tuna Fish as usual with Mayo, sweet relish and onion if I have one.
    Jelly goes on one slice of bread while mayo goes on the other and then the tuna gets spread on the mayo side and then slap them together. It truly is good and the sweetness from the jelly doesn't overpower the tuna but, gives it just a bit to be right.
    "JUST HONEST HAND MADE SMOKING PIPES"
    http://rdpipes.briar.club/

Real Name
    Ron
    Pipe smoker since
    unsure anymore

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Yes! I eat them or at least use to when I was younger. I use Grape Jelly and mix my Tuna Fish as usual with Mayo, sweet relish and onion if I have one.
    Jelly goes on one slice of bread while mayo goes on the other and then the tuna gets spread on the mayo side and then slap them together. It truly is good and the sweetness from the jelly doesn't overpower the tuna but, gives it just a bit to be right.
    That reminds me of when I first starting driving a truck of sorts, a 20 foot IH bobtail for a appliance rebuilder when I was about 22 I believe, well anyway sometimes Ibe in the shop at lunch time and the guys would order from a sandwich shop down the road and I'd always order a hero with grape jelly on it. One day I had the job of calling in the orders and ordered the same as usual. When I told them what I wanted the guy on the phone states that the person that makes my sandwich called in sick that day and they wouldn't be able to make it. To say the least I was very surprised that only one person there would make my sandwich and asked why, he stated they were the only one that could stomach it. I thought that absurd and went along with it and told them to hold the Grape jelly. Hell! I wasn't asking for a gopher gut sandwich, I think people just have very weak stomachs.

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Be honest, Ron. You were a teenager high as a kite when you thought that one up.

Real Name
    Ron
    Pipe smoker since
    unsure anymore

I was in my twenties and as sober as a Nun.

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Just joking with ya, I will actually eat anything but I like my tuna plain for the most part.

On the other hand, you could cleverly name it the jellyfish sandwich and make it rich if you move somewhere like Denver and open a foodie cart.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123