Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Tobaccos you ever smoked?

Real Name
    David Allen Revelle
    Pipe smoker since
    if we go back to 05 that eans about ten years

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Worst Tobaccos you ever smoked?

When I first started 05-08 My brother gave me some Sir Walter Riley to try and... I hated it to the very core of my being... NOthing matched that until I tried Middleton's cherry and Apple Blends... Then came the worst offender for me, a house blend called Peanut BUtter by justforhim.com... I will Never smoke thse blends again... Absolutely terrible...

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by drevelle View Post
    When I first started 05-08 My brother gave me some Sir Walter Riley to try and... I hated it to the very core of my being... NOthing matched that until I tried Middleton's cherry and Apple Blends... Then came the worst offender for me, a house blend called Peanut BUtter by justforhim.com... I will Never smoke thse blends again... Absolutely terrible...
    I guess that you're not a fan of SWR. The good news is that you can enter upon a great journey now that you're back smoking the pipe again. Do you basically like aromatic tobaccos? Is there a tobacco shop near you? What would you like your tobaccos to be like? Members here can help out based on their experiences and make some recommendations that you may be interested in.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Ed
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Condor. Hands down. Made me sick for days. I'm obviously allergic to the coumarin or whatever they put in it.
    je ne suis pas un fumeur de pipe.

Real Name
    David Allen Revelle
    Pipe smoker since
    if we go back to 05 that eans about ten years

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I guess that you're not a fan of SWR. The good news is that you can enter upon a great journey now that you're back smoking the pipe again. Do you basically like aromatic tobaccos? Is there a tobacco shop near you? What would you like your tobaccos to be like? Members here can help out based on their experiences and make some recommendations that you may be interested in.
    I like some vanilla cavendishes, Full Virginia Flake( Which I cannot find right now) and Squadron Leader... I have Cigarette Express that sells minimal pipe tobacco, but a lot of cigars...

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

12 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I've tried three Peterson's Tobacco's and came to the conclusion that I won't try any more, whoever blended Sunset Breeze should be taken out and shot at Dawn.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey. People's tastes differ and I know a few guys that enjoy it, but I can't bear it. To me, there's nothing "bourbon" about it. It tastes like smoking one of those pine-scented air fresheners for the car.

I've flipped on a few as well. When I first tried Dan tobacco's Mellow Mallard, I didn't like it at all. It tasted musty and stale to me. I persevered through the ounce or so that I had though and it became a favorite by the final bowl. Conversely, it was love at first puff with Bell's Three Nuns, but after three or four bowls I developed an aversion to it. By the end of my stash, I kind of hated it. I'd kind of like to give it another try to see if my tastes have swung back like a pendulum, but I'm scared that it hasn't.
    Follow me and watch calamity ensue: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

McClelland Special Black, a bulk black cavendish. It kinda smells like vanilla, but tastes like mushrooms and hippy incense. One of the few tobaccos I've simply tossed in the trash.

And Black Irish X -- tastes like oily, burnt meat that needs salt. I love the brown ropes, but the black tastes flat and oily to me.
    Last edited by Pitchfork; 07-18-2017 at 15:22.

Pipe smoker since

A Dan tobacco called (I think) Red Devil.
    ​Tom

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

Mix 79. And I smoked way too much of it until I found out what other tobaccos were like - lol.
    The best teachers tell you where to look but not what to see.

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpipe View Post
    A Dan tobacco called (I think) Red Devil.
    Think it's Devil's Holiday that you're thinking of.

I'm in the same boat as Wes, I don't like the black ropes at all but I love the Brown ropes.

I started out liking Edward G Robins Pipe Blend by Sutliff but now the stuff just taste bad to me and it's one of the only blends that burns my tongue.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast