Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some Questions For Condor Smokers

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Some Questions For Condor Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by paulfg View Post
    @ hawky
    when I said trouble I was referring to obtaining it rather than prepping it.I smoke (perhaps I should say keep relighting) G&H Dark Plug Rum and Scented quite a bit so not worried about the prep work
    I can get RR and flake from England when friends come to Greece in the summer but Plug as you know is only from Ireland by post assuming they will still send it here so more difficult to obtain
    I always wanted to try Dark Plug Rum. I bet it's really good. I was actually right about to order it through GQ when he went belly up.

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I've only had the RR and find it wonderful in small, medium or large bowls-- tall or shallow, thin or wide. I will say that the experience of smoking Condor in a Falcon is uniquely fantastic, but I believe it's due to the mechanics of the pipe and not the size of the bowl. Drawing the smoke through that metal humidome with its Condor-laden juices in the bottom just does something to the flavor. I find that to be true with all Lakeland style scented blends. Coniston Cut Plug for example is sublime in a Falcon.

I have yet to pop the seal on my first and only Condor Plug so I can't yet testify to its properties. But I have had great smokes with many other plugs (McQuaid, Warrior, Yachtsman, Velvan) that were rubbed out and crispy dry. Something about the processing keeps those amazing flavors intact in my opinion. Dunno if Condor will be the same or not...
    Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Real Name
    Jeff
    Pipe smoker since
    Nineteen Hundred Eighty and Seven

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Why? Why can we not get Condor here?......

Jeff
    __--____
    "what ever turns you on Cup Cake…."

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPM View Post
    I've only had the RR and find it wonderful in small, medium or large bowls-- tall or shallow, thin or wide. I will say that the experience of smoking Condor in a Falcon is uniquely fantastic, but I believe it's due to the mechanics of the pipe and not the size of the bowl. Drawing the smoke through that metal humidome with its Condor-laden juices in the bottom just does something to the flavor. I find that to be true with all Lakeland style scented blends. Coniston Cut Plug for example is sublime in a Falcon.

I have yet to pop the seal on my first and only Condor Plug so I can't yet testify to its properties. But I have had great smokes with many other plugs (McQuaid, Warrior, Yachtsman, Velvan) that were rubbed out and crispy dry. Something about the processing keeps those amazing flavors intact in my opinion. Dunno if Condor will be the same or not...
    I somehow remember you saying that before and I was going to try Condor in one of my Falcon's but I forgot. You've sparked my interest again but first I've got to get a better draw out of my Falcon's. I was happy with it for awhile but lately it just seems really tight so I'm planning on doing a deep clean with a pipe retort and all and then next stop... Condor-land. : )

Quote Originally Posted by Jesla View Post
    Why? Why can we not get Condor here?......

Wouldn't that be amazing if it were readily available on Smoking Pipes website? If that were the case, that'd be all I'd smoked. It's just simply an amazing pipe tobacco that goes above and beyond checking all the right boxes... it gets spiritual for me.

Pipe smoker since
    February 2016

I've some Long Cut still yet to try and am keen to acquire some Plug. Where's the best place to purchase it here in the U.K. and how do both the Plug and Long Cut differ from the Ready Rubbed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Livin' the pipe dream....

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    I've some Long Cut still yet to try and am keen to acquire some Plug. Where's the best place to purchase it here in the U.K. and how do both the Plug and Long Cut differ from the Ready Rubbed?

Catman
    I believe that plug is only available in Ireland I think you can still order it from here
    http://www.pipedivan.com/
    or petersons

Pipe smoker since
    February 2016

Quote Originally Posted by paulfg View Post
    Catman
    I believe that plug is only available in Ireland I think you can still order it from here
    http://www.pipedivan.com/
    or petersons
    Thanks Paul!👍😃

Livin' the pipe dream....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12