Thread: Dunhill Nightcap Bulk: Discount

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Dunhill Nightcap Bulk: Discount

Bought some pounds of Nightcap today from:

https://hilandscigars.com

for $38.98/lb. smokingpipe' sells the same for $59.49, and 4noggins is $59.50 (sp's price from 965 as Nightcap is out). If you want to buy, I was able to put 15 pounds in the cart, so it seems they've got inventory.

Also, in the past I've gotten other good deals, including a Savoy XL Macassar humidor for ~$100.00 off.
    Last edited by saltedplug; 09-03-2017 at 21:43.

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

Thanks for that. It used to be a favourite of mine until it went to $28.50 for 2 oz here. I better stick with the tobaccos I've got on the shelf.
    The best teachers tell you where to look but not what to see.

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

I wish it could be as cheap as this in the UK.

I spent a lot of money in 2013 to sidestep whatever anti-tobacco fallout would occur in the states. Though the FDA hasn't made tobacco out-of-reach or horribly expensive, other regulatory bodies have done so in so many other countries, and I'd be surprised if the same thing doesn't happen here. Though I'm good with tobacco, I'm still trying to fill the void in latakia. I'm so sorry for Canadian and UK prices!

Registered Member

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by saltedplug View Post
    I'm so sorry for Canadian and UK prices!
    At least Canadians can access the wares on the US market without too much trouble.

Received the tobacco yesterday. Given that what I got was Nougat Latakia Supreme and not Nightcap, I'm disappointed. Scott at Hilands agreed to a full refund plus reimbursement for shipping both ways. Hilands is almost exclusively cigars, so maybe it wasn't deliberate. In addition 5 days post order it shipped, the loose tobacco stuffed into bags much too small with only minimal "closer" at the top. One opened so there's an aromatic trail between AZ and NC. No packing in the box.

See what you get on a deal too good to be true?

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

Don't you just hate that. I once received Peacehaven instead of Penzance. Hey they both start with "P."
    The best teachers tell you where to look but not what to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklin Bill View Post
    Don't you just hate that. I once received Peacehaven instead of Penzance. Hey they both start with "P."
    I think with Scott at Hilands its a case of a one-man shop. He won't pay for help and does everything by himself.
    Goes too fast and makes mistakes. He seems legitimate on the phone. In the end I have a hard time with that benign judgment when he's obviously not selling what he says he's selling. That's not a small mistake.

Lestrout felt something might be fishy with the deal and pm'd me. I think while jarring I'd have noticed. Thanks again Lestrout!

Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by ColdSmoke View Post
    At least Canadians can access the wares on the US market without too much trouble.
    Yes but say hello to duty and customs fees...
    Happy Puffing!