Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favorite Homebrew

Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Also, at one time, Bob Runowski (RIP) sent me a pack of Partagas cigar tobacco for blending - alas now long gone.
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Thomas

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

At the moment I'm mixing Hamborger Veermaster with GH Brown Flake u/s in an effort to purge the cellar of HV. The trouble with that plan is that quite like the combination.
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

I followed Thomas' lead and also enjoyed the HV with his earlier idea, Dark Flake Unscented. But for me that is just a little experiment. The main brew at the moment is still MB Virginia No 1, John Aylesbury Own Mixture (a Latakia blend), a Turkish cigarette shag and G&H black pigtail. This was put on top of the existing goto brew, which had other VAs etc inside, but not documented. Then there's the living blend, right now asleep in a jar, where I've been taking notes with every new addition.

My general idea is to keep Virginia at ca. 50% of the whole, and the other half can be a Latakia blend, any other condiment, or even a crumbled cigar, usually more than one tobacco to go with the VA.

I started mixing seriously in early 2012 when I read Jim's recipe above on Smokers Forums for the first time and tried to imitate it with tobaccos I had at hand. In recent months I've smoked a lot of tobaccos straight again, and haven't experimented with mixes a lot. The current goto brew mainly aims at turning the Danish-style VA No 1 into a more British-style outcome, with less honey and bite.

Best wishes
    Markus
    Last edited by Markus1970; 09-05-2017 at 17:52.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I've not had any positive outcomes whenever I've experimented. No amount of mixing makes the ones I don't like any better and I prefer to keep the ones I like as they are. The only one that kind of worked was when I was forced to make my small amount of Condor Flake last longer so I mixed it with FVF and kept it in the Condor pouch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12