Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Irma Tracker.

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hurricane Irma Tracker.

I've been watching the progress of this thing, looks like you folks are in for a really bad time just to put it mildly, anyone in this things path please get the hell out of there quick and stay safe.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...th-storm-live/

Real Name
    Dave

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I've been watching this hurricane closely and there's no question about it's track now. There are always people who stay behind for various reasons and risk getting killed, usually the stubborn ones who always say that they've seen worse storms, always ride them out, etc. etc. It'll sweep right over the Keys and is large enough to cover Florida from coast to coast. This is one hell of a hurricane and may very well bring hurricane Katrina-like destruction in its path, especially for Miami.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

The latest tracking models show Irma moving more to the West of a center line straight up Florida when it makes landfall early Sunday morning with the Keys taking the first direct hit. The counter-clockwise rotation of the storm will bring hurricane force winds and storm surge to the Southeast part of the state, including Miami. The city of Venice, on the West side, lies directly in the path of the storm and will see some of the worst damage. Now it's pretty much a wait-and-see situation.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

It's unbelievable that some people choose to stay put rather than take government advice to evacuate, don't they fully comprehend what's coming towards them.

Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Ally, those arrogant/ignorant idiots will expect everyone else to risk their lives to rescue them...... Stupidity knows no bound.....
    You can't push a rope, teach a rock, or inject common sense

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Irma Track Update Map

Here's a current map of the track of the hurricane. Note that, although the track will bring it right up the west coast of Florida, hurricane warnings are for both coasts. The eye wall will likely pass over Tampa driving hurricane-force winds through the city and inland not only upon approach, but as it moves northward as well.

154304_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    Russ

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

It certainly is a "wierd" kind of selfishness
    The best teachers tell you where to look but not what to see.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by allyby View Post
    It's unbelievable that some people choose to stay put rather than take government advice to evacuate, don't they fully comprehend what's coming towards them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ol gto View Post
    Ally, those arrogant/ignorant idiots will expect everyone else to risk their lives to rescue them...... Stupidity knows no bound.....
    There's a survivalist mentality involved that I'm well familiar with from living in New Orleans. People get it in their minds that, because they made it through other hurricanes, they can make it through this one. Then there are those who, sadly, have a fatalist mentality and say that they'll stay even if it's for the worst. Here's one person's attitude taken from weather.com:

Clouds of cigarette smoke floated in the air at Mac’s Club Deuce where Miami Beach resident Kathleen Paca, 56, was perched on a stool. She’d just finished spray painting “We’re Open Irma” on the bar’s plywood window protections. The word “Irma” covered “Wilma,” the 2005 hurricane when the plywood last was used. Paca and other regulars at the Deuce, as it’s known to locals, had no qualms about staying home as Irma approached, even with the storm projected to be one of the strongest to ever make landfall in Florida."Where am I going to go?" Paca said. "It’s not going to be that bad. I’m on the second floor and have impact windows. I’ve thrown coconuts at my windows and they don’t break."

See what I mean?
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 09-09-2017 at 17:26.
    Russ

Real Name
    Ron
    Pipe smoker since
    unsure anymore

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I think there are a lot of people that just don't want to leave what they worked so hard for all their lives and may not have insurance or can afford it.
    And don't have any place to go even if they wanted to and don't think about maybe having to be rescued by anyone.
    I know if something like this came my way I'd have to think long and hard about leaving with no place really to go.
    "JUST HONEST HANDMADE SMOKING PIPES"

http://rdpipes.briar.club/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast