Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane Irma Tracker.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RP McMurphy View Post
    I think there are a lot of people that just don't want to leave what they worked so hard for all their lives and may not have insurance or can afford it.
    And don't have any place to go even if they wanted to and don't think about maybe having to be rescued by anyone.
    I know if something like this came my way I'd have to think long and hard about leaving with no place really to go.
    Good thought, Ron. But what is more important than your life? A house? It'll get damaged or destroyed with you or without you there, so why put your life at risk?What's happening now is that emergency response teams are no longer going to rescue people and endangering their own lives as the hurricane moves northward. The mayor of Venice, FL stated that will be the case in his city and has already been stated for the Florida Keys. People are on their own now as the eye is passing over that area.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Ron
    Pipe smoker since
    unsure anymore

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Good thought, Ron. But what is more important than your life? A house? It'll get damaged or destroyed with you or without you there, so why put your life at risk?What's happening now is that emergency response teams are no longer going to rescue people and endangering their own lives as the hurricane moves northward. The mayor of Venice, FL stated that will be the case in his city and has already been stated for the Florida Keys. People are on their own now as the eye is passing over that area.
    As should be sir, I'd never depended on people for help nor have I ever and people who do are just selfish and self-centered.
    If one chooses against the odds, one has to prepare to accept the outcome.
    "JUST HONEST HANDMADE SMOKING PIPES"

http://rdpipes.briar.club/

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Earlier this morning, I spoke to a family member on the phone while my brother was busy getting ready for the hurricane to hit. Again, he's in Northport, FL just about 15 miles east of Venice and that whole area will take a direct hit. His house is boarded up, they have enough fresh water and supplies to last for a couple of days, but his son and wife went to the only available shelter...a restaurant that was taking in people. I just spoke to him a minute ago and he thinks that he may loose the roof to the house. Now I fear for he and his family's safety. They'll be experiencing hurricane force winds and higher gusts, the power is out right now and cell phone service will go out soon. All that I could do is to tell him that I love him. Now, it's just a matter of waiting and holding on. Here's the latest position of the hurricane:

152748_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 09-10-2017 at 19:19.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12