Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Falcon rubber washer

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizhunter View Post
    I bought a used Falcon a few weeks ago and just did a ring check and it doesn't have one, the model number is FD8 which dates it back to the early to mid 60s i believe. The Falcon is my worst pipe for going out, though in all honesty they all do at the moment but the Falcon is really bad, i wonder if it's down to the o-ring missing.

Wiz
    I doubt it, in fact I'm pretty sure it isn't a contributory factor.
    I think the better you get to know how your baccy and pipe performs the easier it is to keep it lit. I still have to relight which is perfectly normal I just don't have to do it as often especially now that I smoke the same blend and pipe most of the time.

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks Crawford, i have pretty much sorted out my packing technique and it's not what you call a conventional method but more of a variety of several but it works for me.On the subject of Falcons i don't think i am over keen on them much preferring my Viscount or even my Corn Cobs which to me are a far better and longer smoke.

Wiz

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizhunter View Post
    Thanks Crawford, i have pretty much sorted out my packing technique and it's not what you call a conventional method but more of a variety of several but it works for me.On the subject of Falcons i don't think i am over keen on them much preferring my Viscount or even my Corn Cobs which to me are a far better and longer smoke.

Wiz
    Not liking a Falcon is not unusual. I have a straight stem one and rarely use it as I don't like the mouth piece on it. I find my bent Falcon far comfortable to smoke. It's good to hear how you're progressing with it all Wiz....we've all been there. I'm still learning.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123