Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My First Piston Fountain Pen

Registered Member
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

@Ron: this pen is really, compared to numerous ones on the market, extremely inexpensive. Yes, the Piston system is the direct filling from the bottle. I'm sure it's an art which demands the mastery of a few techniques that can remediate the potential messes that this old-fashioned approach involve.
    It's kind of like learning to smoke a pipe, but in a much messier fashion, yes?
    I will conduct some tests and trails and see what gives. Patience and precision, I believe, are key qualities in this venture. ;-)

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

This threads reminded me of my old calligraphy set, which I had to master before my dad would start teaching me how to sign write. Lots of broken nibs & blotting paper I recall. Interesting thing on the radio the other day. They reckon kids today are rapidly losing the art of simple handwriting & writing letters, due to all the touch screen technology. How sad!
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Shaun
    Pipe smoker since
    About 9 years. Give or take a year or so

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    This threads reminded me of my old calligraphy set, which I had to master before my dad would start teaching me how to sign write. Lots of broken nibs & blotting paper I recall. Interesting thing on the radio the other day. They reckon kids today are rapidly losing the art of simple handwriting & writing letters, due to all the touch screen technology. How sad!
    That's true. I honestly believe that if I live long enough to have grand children I'll get dragged along to show and tell because I can use a pen and paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12