Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758

Thread: What's in your pipe? November 2017

Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Miserable day here - not only the weather but I got talked into accompanying Julie shopping; only just got back - why do we need to examine every packet, tin, bottle etc. when they are just the same as last week?

Va. remnants in a Dunhill Shell #659 (stock picture):

Dunhill 659.jpg
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

College granddaughter arrived home from N.C. and high school granddaughter leaves for California at 3A.M. tomorrow. Will be a unusual Thanksgiving. JKP in a Peterson and coffee.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​Tom

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Today is a beautiful 68 degrees or so already by 11:30 AM. Yesterday was cold and rainy.

Just finishing a bowl of 2015 Escudo in a straight Falcon with rusticated Dublin "Algiers" bowl.

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

GL Pease Gaslight in a Savinelli Trevi 626

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Smoking some Irish Flake in my Only Zulu

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

DNR in a H Simmons.

H.Simmons Burlington Arcade.jpg

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    Smoking some Irish Flake in my Only Zulu

I beg your pardon? All that tobacco you've got & just the one Zulu? We can't have that hawky, put the family on half rations, cancel Christmas & treat yourself mate. I'd recommend a John brumfit & a Parker, absolute must haves!
    St. Bruno in a tilshead cutty, whilst prepping some revor for later on. Plugs, meers & whisky tonight!
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Pipe smoker since
    From late 80's

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Greece 479 BC, after the legendary victory of Greeks against persians the altar of the city of Plataea had no fire because the barbarians destroy it thus according to the customs the city has a "miasma". Sacred fire must come from the Delphi were the Sanctuary of Apollo is, someone had to bring it and fastest as he can.
    One of the soldiers which fought in the battle was Euchidas, he volunteered to run to Delphi although he was tired from battle. He started running without second thought because his mission was sacred he must cover a distance of 1000 stadium [equivalent to 185 kilometers] through gorges, narrow paths, rocks, rivers and mountains without stopping!
    Euchidas having the Gods in his side will manage to arrive in Dephi and take the Holy Fire, will be purified at Kastalia Fountain, will wear a laurel wreath and take the Holy Fire and return to Plataea in 24 hours to deliver it without any delay for rest!
    When he lit the fire on the altar that had been set up to celebrate the victory in the battle, he embraced his fellow soldiers and exhausted passed away in their arms. In his grave they carved the phrase: «Ευχίδας Πυθώδε τρέξας ήλθοε τώδ' αυθημερόν» which means «Euchidas ran to Pythia and returned the same day».

The route now it's 107,5 Km, you can see it in a video on the map:
    https://youtu.be/zk64mkknYU0

I am smoking McClelland grand orientals Yenice Agonya in the memory of my brave countryman.
    Pipes and Tobaccos: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.com
    Μy Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/p3lzsuk

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Evening, Gentlemen! Well, another pool workout postponement! I checked the updated schedule and my regular afternoon pool time was taken over by the kid's "Fun Club". So, using the time constructively, I watched the Juventus FC vs Barcelona FC match from Turin that ended in a 0-0 final score. As one commentator said, it was "an absorbing watch, but not an edge-of-your-seat watch". Even though Barcelona led in possession time and goal attempts, they still came up empty handed. Back in the workshop for a pipe or two and now smoking a bowl of McC Matured VA #22 in the Pete 999 before dinner.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 848565758