Thread: Savinelli Products

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Savinelli Products

Hi Guys
    Just asking if any of you guys has used the Savinelli pipe wax for the bowl and the polish for the stem, which apparently removes oxidization.

Wiz

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Have a look on ebay or google for bar keepers friend, it come in the old type Vim tins, just wet cotton wool and apply some of the powder and keep rubbing gently, this will remove any oxidization.

1.jpg
    Last edited by allyby; 11-23-2017 at 16:37.

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks for that Ally, i had heard of this product and will definately look it up. I have ordered the Savinelli wax and polish which was under a tenner for both and see how that goes. My new to me Viscount could do with a polish, i think i have got rid of the oxidization on the stem with a magic eraser i have, that just needs a polish really.
    Thanks for the reply Ally much appreciated

Wiz

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by allyby View Post
    Have a look on ebay or google for bar keepers friend [...]
    I've never used it on a stem's surface, but it's also good for removing oxidation and getting a bit of a polish inside the slot and airway. Depending upon the availability in your area, it might be cheaper/easier to make your own. Just mix three parts ultra-fine, powdered pumice (grade FFFF) with one part of any unscented powdered detergent et voila! Same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizhunter View Post
    [...] i think i have got rid of the oxidization on the stem with a magic eraser i have [...]
    Look for melamine foam on eBay when it's time to replace your Magic Erasers. It's the same thing, just without all of costly branding and advertising.
    Follow me and watch calamity ensue: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks Piffyr, i bow to your superior knowledge, i actually had the magic erasers before i started pipe smoking, can't remember what i actually got them for though, i have absolutely no idea where i would get powdered pumice, never heard of the stuff. I used some surgical spirit that i had hanging around to help clean the oxidization up and by the looks of it, it hasn't done a bad job. The stem is dull looking now so was looking for something to give it that extra sparkle so decided to buy the Savinelli stuff.

Wiz
    Last edited by Wizhunter; 11-24-2017 at 15:54.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizhunter View Post
    Thanks Piffyr, i bow to your superior knowledge, i actually had the magic erasers before i started pipe smoking, can't remember what i actually got them for though, i have absolutely no idea where i would get powdered pumice, never heard of the stuff.
    I certainly wouldn't call it "superior." Hell, I'd barely call it "knowledge."

eBay is the place to go for the powdered pumice, Wiz. You can buy it by the ounce.
    Follow me and watch calamity ensue: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks Piffyr, not sure it will be available in the UK but will certainly take a look whilst browsing through endless amounts of pipes.

Wiz