Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicotine Hit

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Nicotine Hit

As some of you might know i am switching from roll ups to the pipe and to be honest finding it hard to quit the roll ups although i have cut them down a lot in the past couple of weeks. I have tried 3 Dunhill blends them being Royal Yacht,Nightcap and Elizabethan Mixture and really love RY. I am not getting a big enough Nicotine hit and still getting the urge to have a roll up just to get that hit. From the 3 Dunhills i have tried the EM seems to satisfy my craving the most although i have read that RY is supposed to be the biggest hitter. I am asking you guys to recommend something with a nice Nicotine hit, i know i won't get a hit like i do with roll ups but surely there must be something with a bigger hit than the ones i mention. I have read(god i must read alot lol) that Hal O The Wind is a big hitter but wanting confirmation from you guys. Just something to get me off the dreaded roll ups once and for all.

Thanks for reading
    Wiz

P.S Is it true the Burley blends are best for the above ?

Real Name
    Shaun
    Pipe smoker since
    About 9 years. Give or take a year or so

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Try some G&H dark flake unscented. It's one of the best I've had. You're not alone, I smoked rollies for years.

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunc View Post
    Try some G&H dark flake unscented. It's one of the best I've had. You're not alone, I smoked rollies for years.
    Or even the GH Ropes, Brown rope is a lot better than Black IMO, but be careful with these, if you over dry them they can put you on your back.

A good one also is SG Golden Glow, but dry the tobacco first, it's a ready rub from the tin so easy to work with, This helped me pack the roll up's in.

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks guys, i will order some sample packs.

Wiz

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Wiz, I switched from being a fairly heavy cig smoker to being a pipe smoker. So, I know where you're coming from.

Are over-the-counter nicotine supplements available in the UK? That's what I used to get me through the between-bowl cravings. They don't kill the cravings, but they do take the rough edges off so that they're tolerable. After two weeks I didn't need them anymore.

I've heard that the gum works best, but lozenges were all that were available here when I made up my mind to switch. They worked well enough.
    Follow me and watch calamity ensue: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Real Name
    Thomas

Vincent MANIL Semois is a shag cut burley grown in Belgium. It's good straight or added to other tobaccos to add some "zoom".
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

I'll echo the GH&Co suggestions. A blast of Dark Bird's Eye, Happy Bogie, or Brown Irish X will put you where you need to be, methinks.
    Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Nicotine Hit

My favorites:

Sam Gawith 1792 Flake

GH&Co. Brown Bogie, Dark Birds Eye and Dark Flake scented.

Gallagher’s Condor Plug/Long Cut, RR

Ogden’s St. Bruno Flake/RR

C&D Old Joe Krantz

You started with Condor Blended (which used to be called Lite, I believe) which is lighter in nic than the original. You might just haul off and try Condor Long Cut and/or Ready Rubbed.

You’re in the right part of the world for strong Tobaccos as even your otc baccies are quite stout compared to the Yankee market.

I’d even recommend Walnut Flake (which is called something else now... think it’s Original Flake??? Someone correct me if I’m wrong)
    Last edited by Hawky454; 12-01-2017 at 23:17.

Real Name
    Jeff
    Pipe smoker since
    Nineteen Hundred Eighty and Seven

This :

Sam Gawith 1792 Flake

Should come with a warning
    label...

...has had me nearly on the floor a few times.

Jeff
    __--____
    "what ever turns you on Cup Cake…."

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Well I'm the last person to be offering advice considering despite the wife's nagging I still smoke cigarettes. Not only is the quality of cigarettes here very good they're very cheap which doesn't exactly give much incentive to give up.
    Anyway for what it's worth....what I have found is I go through less cigarettes when I smoke a strong tobacco I really like. Unfortunately imported blends are only available in 'real' tobacconists in Buenos Aires which is a 4 hour round trip away....and don't come cheap. However fortunately for me I was able to source the domestically produced twist which is not only cheap it also comes with a nicotine hit. This stuff has certainly helped reduce my cigarette intake.
    If either were available here I could happily stick to Condor or St Bruno but I know you're not too keen on Condor. So I agree with the others, give the SG or GH twists a go. I've only tried two of them but they should do the trick.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast