Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Greetings and Salutations! ....From a Brand New Forum Member

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Greetings and Salutations! ....From a Brand New Forum Member

A quick hello from New York City. Smoked my pipes on and off....mostly off...since 1966. Until I actually learned the fine art of piping from another well respected pipe smoking forum, just a few months ago, I was never really serious about learning the hows and whys of pipes and all things tobacco, but now, I really love the whole ritual of piping. Sticking some good tobacco into a pipe is half the battle. I started smoking drugstore aromatics when I was 16 years old, and smoked them badly. Learned quickly, to dread the tongue bite, the nicotine buzz, dizziness, and sick stomach. Tried to do some piping over the years. Even joined the New York Pipe Club, back when Sailor Man Jack was at the helm, but still, the happy hours of good piping habits eluded me. I finally gave up trying to enjoy my pipes about 20 years ago. The pipes stayed in a coma ever since. But wait, there's more.

Fast forward. Around July, 2017, I discovered forums that were dedicated to the fine art of smoking pipes and tobaccos. So I joined. I also watched some good You Tube videos that explained what I needed to know. Now, I'm a happy man. I finally learned how to smoke my pipes and how to load them with some good blends of tobaccos.

So, I joined a few forums, and now I joined this forum also. I ask a lot of silly questions at times....so I'll guess you'll just have to deal with it....grin and bear it. I'll try not to bore you guys.

Anyway, on with the show.....

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hey there, BPNYC! Welcome to PSU!

I'm glad to hear that you've rediscovered the passion for pipes. Ask all the questions you want. I'm sure that someone around here will have an answer. On the off chance that we don't, we'll make something up that hopefully sounds pretty convincing.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks for noticing. Sounds good to me, and love to be convinced and led astray by those more experienced than I. It keeps things interesting.

Real Name
    Joe Millar
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Welcome aboard Briar a great bunch of pipers on this forum

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Welcome to PSU! We're a friendly group here and will gladly share our experiences with you. There are no stupid questions, so we'll be happy to answer any that you have.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Pipe smoker since

Hi from Jim in UK
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Alister, aka Ally.

Welcome from Scotland.

Real Name
    Thomas

Hello and welcome to PSU.
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Day, international Gents of the Briar....

Thanks for the greetings. Anxious to start asking questions and giving you guys my 2 cents worth.

1st question: Is it possible to Private Mail (PM) members of this forum? How?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Frank
    NYC

Real Name
    Dave

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarPipeNYC View Post
    Good Day, international Gents of the Briar....

Thanks for the greetings. Anxious to start asking questions and giving you guys my 2 cents worth.

1st question: Is it possible to Private Mail (PM) members of this forum? How?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Frank
    NYC
    Frank, welcome aboard. There are no silly questions, however we may from time to time provide silly answers... PM sent, see Notifications at the top right of the page.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast