Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your pipe? January 2018

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    Top of the year to you, fellas. Craving something sweet and Peterson Hyde Park has my favourite sweet of all--maple. Smoking it in a Boswell Churchwarden. Don't see many Boswells or churchwardens around here. It's my only Boswell and my only churchwarden and I picked it up very early in my pipe smoking career. It's a fine smoking pipe but tastes do change. I'll leave it at that.

Attachment 47088
    Don't give up on the churchwardens till you've had one in the bath mucker!
    Hot water & a strong tobacco make for a luxurious experience. Better than any spa treatment or therapy known to man!
    Mark my words, it'll take years off you! If it doesn't, you're doing it wrong.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!
    ...to the topTop

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    St. Bruno in a blakemar cutty.
    Seems very quiet on here today, everyone suffering from last night I suppose.

Attachment 47086
    For those of us subject to outdoor smoking only, its just too damn cold! Im tempted to go sit in my car with the heater on so I can scratch my Bruno itch. But damn it! I never thought Id say that its too cold for a pipe but Im saying it, Im saying it. I heard its actually record breaking cold for this time of year. : ( weve been bored as hell here stuck inside the house for the past three days. You northerners would laugh at that Im sure, 23 is shorts and T-shirt weather for yall.
    ...to the topTop

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

What's in your pipe? January 2018

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMaldensNose View Post
    Top of the year to you, fellas. Craving something sweet and Peterson Hyde Park has my favourite sweet of all--maple. Smoking it in a Boswell Churchwarden. Don't see many Boswells or churchwardens around here. It's my only Boswell and my only churchwarden and I picked it up very early in my pipe smoking career. It's a fine smoking pipe but tastes do change. I'll leave it at that.

Attachment 47088
    I have two churchwardens, one Briar one Meer I just never smoke them although I have been toying with the idea of breaking out the Meer and you smoking that nice looking Boswell warden is influence enough for me...

Smoking some Dan Tobacco Blue Note in it. If I had a smaller stem for this Id smoke this one a lot more. Looks like I need to restock my churchwarden pipe cleaners.
    Last edited by Hawky454; 01-01-2018 at 23:08.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Two days of 'cool' weather and today the temperature climbed up to 28c and is set to rise daily until the end of the week.
    After six hours without a pipe due to being busy out in the countryside I finally returned to the house at 8pm to enjoy some cold beer and a bowl of the Sayri twist....both tasted even better than usual. After several weeks I finally decided to shove a pipe cleaner up my Falcon....
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Ed
    Pipe smoker since

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

My last smoke this evening is a relaxing but somewhat bitey (hey, it's a Peterson aro) Holiday Season 2013, in the Savinelli Tortuga 804 ks canadian. (Btw, the Balkan Beauty in that large Hercules lasted me all day! I admit I like to rest the pipe now and then, but still.... This is a rare two-bowl day for me.)

je ne suis pas un fumeur de pipe.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by oldpipe View Post
    Good morning. I'd like to be the first to post my entry in the ugliest pipe of 2018 contast.
    That's a good first entry, Tom, but I'll have it beat before the year is out.

By the way, I've never seen that carving style on a Jobey before. Does it have a model name?
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    You northerners would laugh at that Im sure, 23 is shorts and T-shirt weather for yall.
    Same here, Dave. 8F/-13C when I got up this morning. This is me going to the car...

Currently 12F/-11C. So, the outlook doesn't look any better for tomorrow morning. Too damn cold for this son o' the south.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I have two churchwardens, one Briar one Meer [...]

Nice looking meerwarden, Dave! I've never considered a meer churchwarden before, but it would make sense for me. I only ever smoke either when I'm going to be completely stationary for a while.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS

...to the topTop

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Just had an MM Great dane Egg bent of Five Brothers by mistake. Thought the cob was loaded with something else.

Now Im going to open this 2004 tin of House of Windsor Hines Mixture T426.

The culmination of over 150 years of Master blending experience, combined into one fantastic smoking tobacco. Marring red & Bright Virginias, Burleys, and a black fire cured cavendish with a secret Coconilla Flavoring, makes this a great all day smoke with a wonderful room aroma. I assume they meant marrying, not marring. I left the typo and odd capitalizations in from the tin description. Going to open it now and stuff it into my Leonessa Briosa slight bent rusticated apple.

Its gotten frosty wih age and still has a bit of moisture. It smells of an absolutely intoxicating coconut/vanilla liquor. Smells boozy but tropical and like a toasty sweet dessert. Never smelled a pipe tobacco like it. The underlying blend does taste familiar but with a unique flavor for sure. I think this has readily improved with the 14 years of age and that I would not mind it fresh if it were still made.
    ...to the topTop

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jason
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

For those of us subject to outdoor smoking only, its just too damn cold! Im tempted to go sit in my car with the heater on so I can scratch my Bruno itch. But damn it! I never thought Id say that its too cold for a pipe but Im saying it, Im saying it. I heard its actually record breaking cold for this time of year. : ( weve been bored as hell here stuck inside the house for the past three days. You northerners would laugh at that Im sure, 23 is shorts and T-shirt weather for yall.
    Get yourself one these for the garage. Itd be impossible for me to smoke without it. Though I will admit, I get genuinely nervous every time I fire it up. The attachment is sooo cheaply made and its sitting on top of a lot of pressurized, flammable gas. But hey, we do what we gotta do to get our fix, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ...to the topTop

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast