Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Little Danish Pipe Box

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    Take a look at pipes with conical chambers as well. I find that they concentrate flavors more than cylindrical bowls. The downside is that, in my experience, they also tend to collect more moisture in the bottom, but that may say more about my smoking technique than the attributes of the chamber.
    Haha. I do know what you mean, I have a couple of Savinelliís with conical chambers. One of them smokes Exotique like nobodies business! I actually tried to make that pipe my St. Bruno pipe but I ended up liking how it smoked English blends better. I love St. Bruno in a tall, narrow pipe for whatever reason... maybe itís a subconscious thing cause Iím always seeing Simon smoking his Bruno in those tall chambers.

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    ...but that may say more about my smoking technique than the attributes of the chamber.
    Nothing wrong with your smoking technique. Danish pipesmoking's Grand Old Man, Paul C. Olrik wrote the same about conical chambers; that they were prone to bottom moisture and they were more difficult to smoke all the way down.
    That said, I have several pipes with conical chambers and I have yet to get in trouble.

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123