Thread: Honeydew gets a change of name.

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Honeydew gets a change of name.

Just stocked up on a regular of mine, G&Hs rich dark honeydew. Just thought I'd let you know they've had to change the name. It's now called 'rich dark Spring dew' in order to sound less appealing & keep the shit for brains bureaucrats happy.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Paul

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Just stocked up on a regular of mine, G&Hs rich dark honeydew. Just thought I'd let you know they've had to change the name. It's now called 'rich dark Spring dew' in order to sound less appealing & keep the shit for brains bureaucrats happy.
    yeah was looking at my smoking shop over the weekend and saw many G&H blends have changed names ie Coniston cut plug aromatic now coniston cut plug A .It seems that the topping like maple has become M,cherry & vanilla CV etcetc.
    what a load of crap,cant see too many kids loading up on Coniston A or Dark Flake A ,can you
    Last edited by paulfg; 01-22-2018 at 18:43.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

It is of course completely over the top but doesn't surprise me what with the nanny state type society that's become so fashionable nowadays...it's even reached here!!

I have to admit when I were a lad and first looked into a proper tobacconist shop window in Glasgow I was fascinated to see a display of tobaccos flavoured with cherry, peach and suchlike. I never knew such tobaccos existed and was desperate to try them.

Real Name
    Jeff
    Pipe smoker since
    Nineteen Hundred Eighty and Seven

...around here it's 'Honey Do.'

Jeff
    __--____
    "what ever turns you on Cup CakeÖ."

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Thanks for the heads up, I might of thought it was a whole new blend and ordered more of it, which I donít need anymore of the stuff as it stands now. This name game is just a tad bit silly.

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesla View Post
    ...around here it's 'Honey Do.'

...and around here it's 'Honey, Don't'.

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

1 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    [RANT]Those bureaucratic EU c***s have way too much time on their hands. The Danish tobacco 'Sweet Dublin' from the sixties, had to be renamed 'Special Dublin', Samuel Gawith's/TDPS' 'Brown Sugar Flake' is now 'B.S. Flake'* and Rattray's 'Exotic Orange' is now 'Exotic Passion' and the oranges on the tin are no longer orange-coloured. Passion-coloured, maybe.
    The most infuriating thing is that some little pen-pusher somewhere is being paid good money to think up drivel like that.[/RANT]

*I thought that 'B.S.' meant something completely different.

(Masperius the Elder)

Real Name
    Sonny
    Pipe smoker since
    Since 2016

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

By god, can't have people thinking that the tobacco could in any way, shape, or form be confused with Food!! Get rid of all those names that might be remotely construed as something edible...

But then we have idiots here who are eating freaking detergent...or swallowing spoonfuls of cinnamon...

Lord help us.
    Take care and check six!

McGyver

"If it ain't broke, you haven't tried hard enough yet"

Pipe Smoking - The next Extreme Sport - Where else can you take something that can cost almost as much as a car, fill it with combustible material, and light it on fire...for enjoyment!

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by McGyver View Post
    By god, can't have people thinking that the tobacco could in any way, shape, or form be confused with Food!! Get rid of all those names that might be remotely construed as something edible...
    The little bureaucrats are having a field day. What about Mac Baren's 'Plumcake' ...and all the other '*cakes' out there...?
    The periqueheads are not doing their job properly.

But then we have idiots here who are eating freaking detergent...or swallowing spoonfuls of cinnamon...
    ...but at least you don't have to put up with the idiot labels on the tobacco tins.

Lord help us.
    If he is wise, he doesn't.

(Masperius the Elder)