Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modified pipes and coffee No 2.

Pipe smoker since
    From late 80's

11 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Modified pipes and coffee No 2.

Some of my modified pipes together with coffee mugs in a video with slide show photos and instrumental music.

https://youtu.be/sK-E4A6IwvU

Ladies and Gentlemen thank you for watching, keep on pipe smoking and coffee drinking .
    Pipes and Tobaccos: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.com
    Μy Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/p3lzsuk

Real Name
    Thomas

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Great pipes made greater!
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Enjoyed that Sid! Thanks for showing us.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Pipe smoker since
    From late 80's

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

THank you Gentlemen for your kindly comments!

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

Lovely photos and lovely music, Sid. Thanks for that. It made my morning.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Sid.Stavros...

Enjoyed listening to the exotic music, looking at the pipes, and now, I wish I were in Greece, instead of in cold, dark, and dreary, New York City....the "toilet of the world".

Questions about the "worry beads"/Komboloi....

Catholics use Rosary beads to count and mark prayers.... Are Komboloi also used to silently, count prayers, etc? What exactly, and why, do you use Komboloi? Are Komboloi used by the younger generations, or, is this tradition dying out as time goes by? Do women use Komboloi....or is it just a "man" thing?

Just respectfully curious.

Frank
    NYC
    Last edited by BriarPipeNYC; 01-27-2018 at 11:56.

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

Yet another slide show with beautiful pipes.
    Thanks very much for sharing, Sid.

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

Pipe smoker since
    From late 80's

Much obliged Gentlemen for your support!

Quote Originally Posted by BriarPipeNYC View Post
    Are Komboloi also used to silently, count prayers, etc? What exactly, and why, do you use Komboloi? Are Komboloi used by the younger generations, or, is this tradition dying out as time goes by? Do women use Komboloi....or is it just a "man" thing?
    Kompoloi is a "Man thing" often copied by young people or women although they don't know how to use it or what means, they do it to be "trendy".
    Kompoloi has nothing to do with prayers and you must not swirling it as the butterfly knife. Kompooli is a part from you, shows your character-finezza and while you run the beads you are thinking in calmness [what to do next, make a decision to create something in the future etc]. Sometimes especially if you are Elder your mind may travel away thinking happy moments from the past of familiar faces that they are not alive.
    If you are nervous you cannot play Kompoloi, you must be calm and be seated and if you suddenly remembered something important or you find the solution to a problem you grab the Kompoloi in your palm and the sound gives the sign "i got it, i am done with it, that's it" etc. If you see women in a fast food dressed like a Man playing with Kompoloi or young people walking fast while smoking cigarette and play with Kompoloi just ignore them, they are silly people which they don't know the meaning of this.
    Kompoloi especially if it's handmade by you shows the "Art" which is inside you and will be your companion for many years. No need to be expensive and musn't be borrow it to another or let it drop down, it's like hat or watch or knife or gun...a part of you.

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid.Stavros View Post
    Kompooli is a part from you, shows your character-finezza and while you run the beads you are thinking in calmness [what to do next, make a decision to create something in the future etc].
    I tend to do a lot of the type of contemplation that you describe above, but I am a fidgety person by nature and I have difficulty sitting still for long periods. Thanks to your excellent explanation I think something like kompoloi could help with that. So, after reading your comment, I've been doing some quick research into how to make one for myself. I have no Greek heritage, but I would prefer the kompoloi to be as traditional as possible. I have a couple of questions though. In Greece, would it be considered proper to see a non-Greek with a kompoloi? Are some materials considered more traditional than others? Are there any rules about the shape or size of the beads? Is it acceptable to mix beads of different materials?

Sorry for all of the questions, but if it is to be "part of me," then I want it to be correct.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

S.Stavros....

Many thanks for your explanation. It's fascinating, this Kampoloi thing! Sorry for the misspelling.

So, I'm guessing a Kampoloi is used for "centering" one's mind for contemplation, relaxation, pondering a difficult question or decision, etc. I need some relaxation, especially after I watch any fake news shows on TV!

Are there any good You-Tube videos that can be watched that show how to use, and make Kampoloi beads? Is there some kind of hidden meaning as to the color of the beads, size, wood choice, number? I have a small metal lathe, and I would like to try turning, and drilling some custom made beads, or, just buy some wooden beads from online sources. Beads look to be about 15mm long X 10mm-13mm wide (barrel shaped)....and also look like they can slide along the string, and are not fixed in place like Rosary beads.

Many thanks for the help and explanations.

Frank
    NYC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast