Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your pipe? February 2018

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by allyby View Post
    DNR in a RDP, bit quiet round these parts today!

Attachment 48137
    Tuesday is Monday redux, Ally.

Speaking of that RDP... I've heard from Ron. He's well but still occupied with settling from the move and getting reacquainted with family. He'll likely pop back in once he's sorted.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawky454 View Post
    It is murder! Itís not that Iím even addicted to it, I just miss the pleasure that it provides on a daily basis. This is already my second time being sick this winter! Iíll try another pipe later today to see how it goes.
    Hello,

We could almost open a thread, What are you not smoking now? I'm the same right now, no withdrawal symptoms as you see them described at times, wouldn't mind smoking a pipe for the pleasure of it. My breathing system won't cooperate at the moment, however, so I'm giving it some more time (not mentioning the small cigar at the bus stop after work today, as it wasn't horrible, but not much of a joy either).

I have packed most boxes in the old office, just one left for tomorrow. The actual move will be on Thursday. Today I went to see the new office, together with the colleague that I will share it with. We are sure we will be fine. Good new furniture, good view out of the window.

Jim, sending best wishes for your whole family at this tough time.

Markus
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Ed
    Pipe smoker since

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Now I have to open another pouch of Amphora because the remainder of the last one just went into the Moonshine "Devil Anse".

je ne suis pas un fumeur de pipe.
    ...to the topTop

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    Good day for me, first appointment with my new dentist after falling out with my old one. My new dentist turns out to be a stunning, switched on & sexy young lady. Looking forward to my next appointment already! Lol

Brown flake in a petersons Aran.

Attachment 48135
    Always nice having a health care provider like that. My GP for years has been a stunning blond that makes going in for a physical a real joy. I especially look forward to the prostate exam if you can believe that...

That Peterson Aran zulu is a dead ringer for one I have, Simon. I'll fire up some St. Bruno in it soon and post a pic.
    Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    ...to the topTop

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    Julie's mother has fallen and broken her hip - serious indeed for a 90 year old - lot's to sort out.

Back soon

At 90??? That's a real shame, Jim. Give those girls a hug. And keep your own chin up if you can.
    Billy
    --------
    ...to the topTop

12 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Last night it was Dark Flake u/s in a GBD. These are virtually dedicated to each other, since once I opt for one I usually reach for the other as well.

And this AM it was Bayou Morning in a Charatan. Maybe it's the cold weather, or maybe it's the fact that I have smoked bushels of this blend over the last few years, but it's starting to taste too peppery for me. I may retreat to Dunbar or Cabbie's as my go-to VaPer of choice. Heckuva fallback.

Billy
    --------
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyPM View Post
    My GP for years has been a stunning blond that makes going in for a physical a real joy. I especially look forward to the prostate exam if you can believe that...
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Evening, Gentlemen! Me wife 'n I were listening to streaming 60's rock music earlier, early transistor radio stuff, and we spent awhile remembering our teenage years and the music that defined the time. Everything from Johnny Rivers and The Platters to The Supremes and The Dave Clark Five. It was a looooong time ago, but I can still feel my life in that music. In the workshop now sipping a bowl of DDF in the Don Carlos, a last mug o' joe on the side.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching
    ...to the topTop

11 members Liked or found this post helpful.

OK Simon-- St. Bruno (thanks Dave) in a Peterson Aran 268 that looks a lot like yours. The American version of the Aran series has a nickel band and usually a fill or two, but this version (which I presume is European since Jim also has one, a billiard) is better grained, fill-free, and one hell of a good pipe if mine is any indication.

And the St. Bruno tastes wonderful in it!

Last edited by BillyPM; 02-13-2018 at 22:15.
    Billy
    --------
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Ed
    Pipe smoker since

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

A bowl of carefuly conserved, aged and rationed Mick McQuaid Plug in the Savinelli smooth Porto Cervo 802 canadian.
    je ne suis pas un fumeur de pipe.
    ...to the topTop

Page 51 of 105 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast