Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dunhill Tobaccos Selling Out

Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

From Kris Parry (Black Swan Shoppe) on UKPTC:

"DUNHILL TOBACCO UPDATE!
    Ok so after seeing some rumours re-circulating for the umpteenth time over the last few years. I've utilized some contacts and got some clarification from many tiers above the heads of sales reps.
    Firstly: For those that don't know Dunhill tobacco is not made by Dunhill it is made by STG/Orlik and BAT own the licence to produce and sell it.
    Changes within these companies has fuelled rumours which simply won't afect the Dunhill pipe Tobacco.
    As with any brand and as we have experienced in the past there is always a SMALL POSSIBILITY that the management of the brand may change and cause some disruption but I have been reliably informed that the supply chain of Dunhill pipe tobacco in the UK is in very good hands, it is being very well protected and has been since it was relaunched with vast stocks being held to maintain supply in the event of any turbulence. (Well over a years supply)
    The only thing that could scupper this is panic buying and Dunhill fans filling cellars.
    The last tobacco that this affected was SG in the US and it took over a decade for it to settle down. Supply was a nightmare as US distributors couldn't risk bringing in large amounts over fear that the cellars would suddenly max out, smokers would suddenly realise that there was no need to cellar large amounts and sales would fall through the floor leaving distributors going bankrupt and the supply chain totally scuppered.
    So the prices inflated, nobody could get any and US smokers resorted to buying it from the UK and paying our duty. And who benefited ......... erm nobody!
    Don't waste your hard earned savings filling your cellar and risk ruining the supply chain over a few rumours, it will only cause headaches for yourself and other Dunhill fans. Carry on buying your normal amounts from your normal retailer and all will be smooth and nicotine friendly. If anything keep an extra tin of your favourite blend.
    I will personally ensure that UKPTC members are the first to know of any reliable updates on the Dunhill brand and advise if you need to stock up your cellar with plenty of notice.
    Now the beast from the east is hitting the UK so go raid the supermarket for bread, milk and beans and fill all your cars and jerry cans with fuel. Then tell your friends what you've done and witness first hand the negative effects of needless bulk buying "
    Last edited by jimbo44; 02-28-2018 at 15:47.
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo44 View Post
    From Kris Parry (Black Swan Shoppe) on UKPTC:

"DUNHILL TOBACCO UPDATE!
    Ok so after seeing some rumours re-circulating for the umpteenth time over the last few years. I've utilized some contacts and got some clarification from many tiers above the heads of sales reps.
    Firstly: For those that don't know Dunhill tobacco is not made by Dunhill it is made by STG/Orlik and BAT own the licence to produce and sell it.
    Changes within these companies has fuelled rumours which simply won't afect the Dunhill pipe Tobacco.
    That sounds like it might be good news for our brethren in the UK, Jim, but it still leaves open the possibility that US distribution is no more. Statements from people like Leonard Wortzel, brand manager for STG Lane,..

"BAT (owner of the Dunhill brand), has announced that it has decided to 'cease trading' with Dunhill pipe tobacco and cigars. STG Lane is the importer for the pipe tobacco here in the U.S. Here is what we know: BAT plans to cease trading Dunhill Pipe Tobacco in the U.S. in the next 12 - 18 months. The decision was the result of an internal BAT business review."

... and Russ Ouellette ...

"You've probably heard by now that all the Dunhill blends will be discontinued in the near future. We had no idea that this would be happening when we put together our calendar deals for this year"

... make it impossible to chalk it all up to mere rumor.

I think I've given up on trying to figure it all out. If it's gone, it's gone. If it's not, great. If it's gone for some of us, but not all of us, those of us left wanting will muddle through I suppose. As much as I love Dunhill Flake, I didn't hoard. I knew I'd run out eventually. So, why not now when there are still alternatives to explore? I'll just keep calm and smoke on.
    Follow me and watch calamity ensue: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345