Thread: Forever Stems Are Back!

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Forever Stems Are Back!

I just stopped by the Old Log Cabin Pipe Works website to see if they were still in business after it was announced months ago that no new orders were being accepted. Sure enough, they've given up that business and handed it back to Dave and Sue Wolff of Walker Briar Works. That's great news for cob smokers looking to upgrade their pipe stems and ditch the OEM "BIC pen plastic" stems that come with the MM cobs. (Anthony's words, not mine. Love that description. ) I don't think the listing shows the full range yet, but I do see one that I want for a second cob. Here's the link:

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com./htm...ver_stems.html
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 04-05-2018 at 22:07.
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Thomas

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    I just stopped by the Old Log Cabin Pipe Works website to see if they were still in business after it was announced months ago that no new orders were being accepted. Sure enough, they've given up that business and handed it back to Dave and Sue Wolff of Walker Briar Works. That's great news for cob smokers looking to upgrade their pipe stems and ditch the OEM "BIC pen plastic" stems that come with the MM cobs. (Anthony's words, not mine. Love that description. ) I don't think the listing shows the full range yet, but I do see one that I want for a second cob. Here's the link:

http://www.walkerbriarworks.com./htm...ver_stems.html
    What wonderful news!!!! I have a bunch that I want to "pimp".
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbass View Post
    What wonderful news!!!! I have a bunch that I want to "pimp".
    Hey, Thomas...You have a cob with a red stem that I really like. Is that a Forever Stem and, if so, what is the color?
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Real Name
    Thomas

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Hey, Thomas...You have a cob with a red stem that I really like. Is that a Forever Stem and, if so, what is the color?
    Looking at the link you provided it's closest to the Brick Red 4.75 in.
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbass View Post
    Looking at the link you provided it's closest to the Brick Red 4.75 in.
    Thanks, Thomas, I thought it was either the brick red or the marbled red. It's been added to The List!
    Russ

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching

Well that (oldlogcabinpipeworks) didn't last long did it? Did they even sell any before they turned it back over to Dave and Sue? Last I checked, and it was quite a while ago and my memory is frail, they had a fairly long wait time on orders.

I've been tempted before with the forever stems but never pulled the trigger. I've been dropping some serious hints that I'd like to get one of those new Charles Town Cobbers for Father's Day. Too early to tell how that plays out. Anyone here have one and care to share thoughts on it if so? It's got an upgraded bit I see.

Real Name
    Fr. Tom
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Well that (oldlogcabinpipeworks) didn't last long did it? Did they even sell any before they turned it back over to Dave and Sue? Last I checked, and it was quite a while ago and my memory is frail, they had a fairly long wait time on orders.

I've been tempted before with the forever stems but never pulled the trigger. I've been dropping some serious hints that I'd like to get one of those new Charles Town Cobbers for Father's Day. Too early to tell how that plays out. Anyone here have one and care to share thoughts on it if so? It's got an upgraded bit I see.
    I bought two of them from Log Cabin, and did not like them as much as I liked Dave's stems. I gave one of them away.
    "Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain