Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another trip to the post office

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Another trip to the post office

A trip to our local post office landed me these two additions to the stable.
    A Georg Jensen Churchwarden shape 779, de Luxe and stamped 'T.V.' which stands for TeleVision', I gather.
    The pipes were very popular in Denmark in the 60s and 70s and were called 'Ladies pipes', 'T.V. pipes' or 'reading pipes'.
    The other one is a Savinelli Punto Oro shape 614, a shape I've been looking for and there it was at the pipe show in March in that nice Sea Coral rustication. Luckily my Savinelli Lady friend still had it and now I have it.

Savinelli Jensen.jpg

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)

Real Name
    Arvind
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunstan Hillwell View Post
    A trip to our local post office landed me these two additions to the stable.
    A Georg Jensen Churchwarden shape 779, de Luxe and stamped 'T.V.' which stands for TeleVision', I gather.
    The pipes were very popular in Denmark in the 60s and 70s and were called 'Ladies pipes', 'T.V. pipes' or 'reading pipes'.
    The other one is a Savinelli Punto Oro shape 614, a shape I've been looking for and there it was at the pipe show in March in that nice Sea Coral rustication. Luckily my Savinelli Lady friend still had it and now I have it.

Jesper, congratulations on new additions. Nice pipes. Does the punto oro have any type of sealing compound on it ?
    Best regards,
    Arvind.

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Another good score, Jesper! The #614 is one of my favorite Sav shapes.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I'm thinking the postal service should put an escalator directly to your front door. Very nice pipes and I guess you are very happy the suppliers still had the pipes. Congrats!
    "The box with the least amount of matches makes the most noise." MWB

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

Quote Originally Posted by Dunstan Hillwell View Post

I'm afraid not old chap! In these confusing & troubled times, it actually stands for 'Transvestite'. So be careful where you smoke it! I love my churchwardens, but I only smoke them in the bath. (Honest). You need a strong blend, HH bold Kentucky would be perfect. Have the water hotter than you normally have it. Result...'Heaven on Earth'. Report back after you've tried it & tell me I'm wrong.
    Congratulations on your savinelli too!
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

Jesper, congratulations on new additions. Nice pipes. Does the punto oro have any type of sealing compound on it ?
    Thanks very much, Arvind. I must confess that I honesly don't know. The first Sea Corals, Savinelli introduced in 1980, you could rinse under a running faucet and scrub them with a soft toothbrush if they got grimy, but I don't dare try if it's still the case.

Another good score, Jesper! The #614 is one of my favorite Sav shapes.
    Thanks very much, Russ. I 've had my sights on the 614 for a while, but do I remember correctly, did the older version have a much longer stem..?

I'm thinking the postal service should put an escalator directly to your front door. Very nice pipes and I guess you are very happy the suppliers still had the pipes. Congrats!
    Thanks very much, Bill. I couldn't afford them at the pipe show due to another Savinelli she sold me, but luckily, yes, she still had them.
    Normally I have the pipes delivered directly to my door, but sometimes I have to pick them up at the post office. That's OK; I get out of my smoking den and DW tells me that exercise is good for me. I'm gullible.

(Masperius the Elder)

Both very very nice !
    Always be grateful at post offices allover the world,.. I would keep the stamps of the packaging.

Real Name
    Sonny
    Pipe smoker since
    Since 2016

And when I go to the mailbox...all I get is junk mail...sigh...I like your post office better than mine!

Congrats on the new pipes! Hope they smoke as well as they look!
    Take care and check six!

McGyver

"If it ain't broke, you haven't tried hard enough yet"

Pipe Smoking - The next Extreme Sport - Where else can you take something that can cost almost as much as a car, fill it with combustible material, and light it on fire...for enjoyment!

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    I'm afraid not old chap! In these confusing & troubled times, it actually stands for 'Transvestite'. So be careful where you smoke it! I love my churchwardens, but I only smoke them in the bath. (Honest). You need a strong blend, HH bold Kentucky would be perfect. Have the water hotter than you normally have it. Result...'Heaven on Earth'. Report back after you've tried it & tell me I'm wrong.
    Congratulations on your savinelli too!
    Blimey..! Tranvestite, eh..? That explains the hard-to-remove lipstick smears on the stem. I love 'Bold Kentucky' and hot water, but smoking in the bath would be a problem as we only have a shower. Then again, nothing is impossible with a bit of practice.
    A large enough plastic bag over my head might work. I'll report back, if I haven't drowned or suffocated.

Thanks very much for the Tranvestite and Savinelli congratulations.

(Masperius the Elder)

Real Name
    Bill
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

This should bring the "TV" back to the right 'slant.'? https://rebornpipes.com/tag/television-pipes/
    "The box with the least amount of matches makes the most noise." MWB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast