Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fallen off the wagon

Real Name
    Simon
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfg View Post
    was surprised when I won with only 3 other bids on the Zulu and none on the Comoy,s (what have I missed?)
    Well, getting 'sniped' by Simon, is something you've missed out on. Because that's what would of happened if I'd of seen that Zulu! Lol.
    St. Bruno simply satisfies!

Registered Member
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

paulfg, the Comoys Golden Grain arrived in Denmark in spring 1972 together with the sandblast Pebble Grain-the price was about 130 Danish crowns
    also in the better end of the market. I believe they were new lines at the time.
    From a catalog: " A fine quality pipe briar in a golden tan finish as befits its name and made in the full range of shapes"

Jørgen

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Paul

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorgen Jensen View Post
    paulfg, the Comoys Golden Grain arrived in Denmark in spring 1972 together with the sandblast Pebble Grain-the price was about 130 Danish crowns
    also in the better end of the market. I believe they were new lines at the time.
    From a catalog: " A fine quality pipe briar in a golden tan finish as befits its name and made in the full range of shapes"

Jørgen
    thank you for that information Jørgen
    I can assume the pipe dates from between 1972 and 1980 as I have read it disapeared from the catalogue in that year

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12