Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The US Drought Continues

Real Name
    Herb Craven
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    Thankful for my modest cellar so I haven't really noticed as I haven't really been looking. Has it been that bad lately? The only thing I'm ready to jump on is more Curly Block. The last time I got the in stock notification email from SPC I passed, probably shouldn't have, haha, but it just didn't fit into my budget at the time.

That said...lately I've been on a burley kick. Maybe I should grab some of that Mac Barren Burley Flake before it goes poof again. SPC has that back now. I've got lots of Wessex in the cellar, but only a few tins of the Burley Slice and I don't see that one anywhere.
    That's my strategy. I've been dying to try Burley Flake since I heard about it anyway, as I'm a big Mac Baren fan. I've heard that it isn't really a replacement for Wessex Burley Slice, but if it's even a little richer than Golden Extra, I'll be stoked. Mac Baren seems big enough to keep good supplies in the pipeline. I need to think about trying one or two of the C&D Burley Flakes, too.
    Herb

Proud member of the Walrus Club

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HCraven View Post
    That's my strategy. I've been dying to try Burley Flake since I heard about it anyway, as I'm a big Mac Baren fan. I've heard that it isn't really a replacement for Wessex Burley Slice, but if it's even a little richer than Golden Extra, I'll be stoked. Mac Baren seems big enough to keep good supplies in the pipeline. I need to think about trying one or two of the C&D Burley Flakes, too.
    Yeah, I thought about it. I knew if I waited long enough it'd be gone again, and it is. Oh well, I didn't really want/need anything else and you know how it is, I would have had to have ordered enough for free shipping anyway. There's always next time.

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I'd love to hear about anybody's take on that MB HH Burley Flake. It sounds like it might fill a hole in my rotation...
    Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Real Name
    Huub
    Pipe smoker since

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

Although Wessex Tobaccos are produced by Kohlhase, Kopp and Co. in Hamburg Germany they are nowhere to purchase in Europe.

I order them in the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12