Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pilgrimage

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklin Bill View Post
    Thanks for the pictures. My bride and I went there on our honeymoon amongst other places. To be honest I can't look at those pictures without them bring a tear to my eye.
    Very sobering indeed.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Jonathan
    Pipe smoker since
    On and off for 43 years

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Simply a sobering end to a day!!!

Jon

Real Name
    Sonny
    Pipe smoker since
    Since 2016

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Being retired military, those pictures bring emotions that are hard to keep down. I have been fortunate enough in my life to have visited several of our national memorials...The USS Arizona, The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific (also known as Punchbowl Cemetery), Arlington National Cemetery, The Vietnam Memorial and several others. Each one elicited feelings of what those brave souls went through and the sacrifices that they made. Even as I type this, I get choked up.

I am also glad that you were able to take a younger generation with you on your visit...because only through seeing and experiencing can they hope to learn that sacrifice these individuals made is not something that can be reset like a video game. That each and every one of those stones represents a life that was taken and that there is probably a corresponding stone in another cemetery that attempts to balance the scales of war. Maybe they can be the generation that determines that Talking out a problem is better that Fighting it out.
    Take care and check six!

McGyver

"If it ain't broke, you haven't tried hard enough yet"

Pipe Smoking - The next Extreme Sport - Where else can you take something that can cost almost as much as a car, fill it with combustible material, and light it on fire...for enjoyment!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456