Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your pipe? June 2018

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

12 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Happy Humpday, folks! This morning Iím trying C&Ds Billy Budd Blonde for the first time (thanks to Gabe) in a Dr. Grabow Regal 83.

Iím not sure what I think of it yet. Itís certainly not what I was expecting. The flavor is nice, but quite mild. Something is making it a little harsh. It might be the cigar leaf or the Perique. Maybe, itís just me. Iíll need to spend some more time with this one before I can decide whether I like it or not.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR & RESTORATION

fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Thomas

13 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good morning, Good people.
    IMG_2666.JPG

Old Joe caught an Elf Cobbit
    with the time tested Pilsner trap.
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

14 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Morning, Gentlemen! I started the day off by cleaning two pipes, running my computer maintenance program, and installing the latest Windows 10 update. Tough work, but it's done. Today is a pool workout day and that's all that I have planned. Now smoking a bowl of Solani #633 VaPer in the Don Carlos "Two Note", a mug of coffee to wake me up on the side.

Don Carlos Two Note.jpg
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    Good Morning, Gentlemen! I started the day off by cleaning two pipes, running my computer maintenance program, and installing the latest Windows 10 update.
    Funny you should say that Russ. My laptop screen started playing up after I installed the last Windows 10 update.....then went black soon after. I think it was just a coincidence though as it's been flickering for a while now. More likely to be dirt or a loose connector. Using my wife's machine at the mo and have been looking at You Tube for a fix....YT is great for that.

Cold today but at least the sun is out. Finishing a bowl of twist I started late last night.

Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Peter Heinrichs' No. 110 Dark Strong in a Peterson SH Professor:

SH Professor.jpg
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

And More Greetings Bestowed Upon You, Gentlemen! It's 74įF/23.3įC and rain showers are on the way here in our neighborhood. I've been checking my primary retailer and all of my favorites are out of stock except for DDF. I may be able to cobble together an order through my back-up suppliers, though, but I'll have to see what gets restocked over the next week. Now smoking a bowl of HH Pure VA Flake in the Don Carlos, me second mugga joe on the side.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.

11 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I found a jar of unnamed tobacco in my cellar. I always label my jars with the little stick on circles or squares and I suppose it fell off. I cracked it open and took a whiff and suspected it to be McClelland #5100, a little vinegary/ketchup tingle to the nose, so I loaded up my Peterson Standard 303 w/p-lip and hit the porch with a bottle of spring water. Yeah, I do smoke a briar once in a while. So after smoking for a bit I've come to the conclusion it's red VA but there's some Perique in there. So at this point I'm thinking it's got to be Anniversary Kake. Twas good whatever it is.

Also, near the end of the bowl I detected a soapy Lakeland ghost. It's been awhile since I smoked the Pete and it had to be the remnants of either GH Dark Flake or Plug and it rattled my senses enough that next up after a bowl of noodles for lunch is going to be one or the other. I'm leaning towards the flake since I'm feeling lazy today.

Earlier, I had PH Golden Slicedx2 in a Cobbler.

Edit:....don't know what happened there but sorry for the double post. Except for the PH GSx2, I swear I only smoked those bowls once.
    Last edited by Corndog; 06-13-2018 at 16:35.

I found a jar of unnamed tobacco in my cellar. I always label my jars with the little stick on circles or squares and I suppose it fell off. I cracked it open and took a whiff and suspected it to be McClelland #5100, a little vinegary/ketchup tingle to the nose, so I loaded up my Peterson Standard 303 w/p-lip and hit the porch with a bottle of spring water. Yeah, I do smoke a briar once in a while. So after smoking for a bit I've come to the conclusion it's red VA but there's some Perique in there. So at this point I'm thinking it's got to be Anniversary Kake. Twas good whatever it is.

Also, near the end of the bowl I detected a soapy Lakeland ghost. It's been awhile since I smoked the Pete and it had to be the remnants of either GH Dark Flake or Plug and it rattled my senses enough that next up after a bowl of noodles for lunch is going to be one or the other. I'm leaning towards the flake since I'm feeling lazy today.

Earlier, I had PH Golden Slicedx2 in a Cobbler.

Edit:....don't know what happened there but sorry for the double post. Except for the PH GSx2, I swear I only smoked those bowls once.
    Last edited by Corndog; 06-13-2018 at 16:35.

Off the Starboard Beam, Just Over the Horizon!
    Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Aye Lads, gettin a slow stRt to me day whilst still workin nights at the workhouse... First up will be me Candace Sprinkle ModCob filled wit some o Mr Motzekís #8 blend o Va/Bur/Per...

https://s19.postimg.cc/ozb2j8303/fullsizeoutput_762.jpg

A tankard o strong black coffee alongside... nice way to chase the cobwebs away...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by." - John Masefield

"It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better." ó Sir Francis Drake, Sea Captain

Proud Member of the Walrus Club

Visit http://www.reserectedpipes.wordpress.com

Real Name
    Steve
    Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Amphora Original in my old Jarl billiard, the first decent pipe I ever bought these many years ago. The only problem with this pipe is it doesn't hold enough tobacco. But it does smoke wonderfully.
    www.custompipestems.com pipe stems replaced, designed and modified

Last night it was Sliced Brown Twist in the Wakeman #2 I got from our old friend Dean. I had dedicated this pipe to the mighty Condor but found I wanted to smoke the pipe more often than the blend so I'm returning to my original plan, smoking strong GH&Co tobaccos such as Dean favors in it. A really superb smoker.

Followed this morning by MVP homebrew in a Pete with Chock Full O' Nuts on the side.

Billy
    --------
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.

Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast