Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596

Thread: What's in your pipe? June 2018

Off the Starboard Beam, Just Over the Horizon!
    Real Name
    John
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Aye Lads, up next will be me Ehrilch again wit Comoy's Cask #9...

IMG_3786.jpg

Still wit the icedtea alongside... The temp inside is still at 80deg F a/c workin as hard as it can...If it's this hot now the summer looks to be a good olde fashioned Alabama summer where we reach 100F + daily in July.... nerbz.gif dunno.gif
    "All I ask is a tall ship and a star to sail her by." - John Masefield

"It is not that life ashore is distasteful to me. But life at sea is better." Sir Francis Drake, Sea Captain

Proud Member of the Walrus Club

Visit http://www.reserectedpipes.wordpress.com
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

Hello,

Sunny again today, but even more windy than yesterday, which will probably make the heat bearable once again later in the day. Once breakfast including a short smoke has been completed, I'm getting on the bike to visit the family's graves and water the plants there.

My choice of tobacco last night fell on a new tin of Rattray's Old Gowrie. I tend to say I don't switch tobaccos along with the weather or the seasons. But I now wanted a lighter-tasting Virginia than Dunhill Ye Olde Signe, and i wanted to smoke it straight, which i hadn't wanted in a while.

I'm smoking the Old Gowrie in a Northern Briars Regal Canadian.

Best wishes
    Markus
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good morning to you all.
    First smoke of this sunny Sunday; McConnell's 'Pure Orient' in a Stanwell no. 179 - Royal Prince.
    (My Master Blender insisted on being in the picture).

Orient Stanwell.jpg

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

Good Sunday Morning to You, My Fine Gentlemen! It's another cool one here at 67F/19.4C with a hazy blue sky as the sun rises up above the trees. Last night the NY Yankees were hammered in Yankee Stadium by the Boston Red Sox 11-0 in the second of a three game series with the Yankees winning the first game. The pitcher for the Yankees just fell apart early and had to be taken out of the game. C'mon, guys, this is the Red Sox you're playing against! Tonight they'll play again, so I'll be watching as these two teams have been locked in a struggle for first place in the Eastern Division. And I'll record the Russia vs Spain WC match to watch later this afternoon so the ice cream will be at the ready. Now finishing up a bowl of Wessex Brown VA Flake in the BBB "Own Make Virgin", a fresh mug of coffee on the side.

BBB Own Make Virgin 506 Canadian.jpg
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 07-01-2018 at 11:10.
    Russ

After all of the statistics and reports are finished with, I've come to the conclusion that the only real danger of smoking a pipe is being interrupted.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Hello,

This morning I extended the bike ride to the cemetery into a little 4-mile trip through fields in our area. Windy it was, so windy it blew the cap off my head at one point.

Right after lunch I threw together the two versions of my Ye Olde Signe, Standard Mixture, St Bruno, Condor and Perique mix, and put a bit of Rattray's Old Gowrie on top. Then I moved on to the shed where I want to spend the afternoon and early evening.

Now I'm smoking the mix in a Gauntley's of Nottingham lovat. It needs some more Old Gowrie, I suppose. The Old Signe will be smoked straight, in the future, as I like it on its own. Old Gowrie leaves something to be desired on its own, at least while my current smoking habits last, so I will mostly use it in mixes the time being.

Best wishes
    Markus
    Last edited by Markus1970; 07-01-2018 at 11:44.
    ...to the topTop

Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 4686949596