Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glynn Quelch: "Something interesting is about to happen..."

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    What's nice about this from GQ is you'd basically be getting some of Glynn's recipes. Once people get these I foresee some sourcing their own leaf and going to town.
    I don't think it would be the same thing. Glynn sourced most, if not all, of his leaf from GH&C. They're curing process makes it unique.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Zach
    Pipe smoker since

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    I don't think it would be the same thing. Glynn sourced most, if not all, of his leaf from GH&C. They're curing process makes it unique.
    That, and Americans/Europeans would still have to source the African tobaccos they use. I will try it if i get the recipe with acquired tobaccos and it surely wont taste at all like Askwith Kake.

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Just finished up a bowl of GQ Askwith Kake in a Cobbler. What a delicious smoke, the jar aroma is down right intoxicating and the flavors of deep plumy fruit and mild spice are top to bottom of the bowl incredibly good. I have roughly 200g left from a 250g brick I bought from probably the last batch to come from Glynn's press in 2016. I remember waiting for it to be done with it's time in his press before it shipped. I smoke this sparingly, got it out to smoke a bowl in my Father's Day Tinsky yesterday and it was so good I had another in a cob later. Today's smoke makes 3 in the last 2 days. I keep telling myself to bury this jar deep and out of sight but I can't seem to keep myself from one more bowl. I'll be very interested in seeing how the reception is on the blending kits GQ is now offering as they are now shipping.

From the email I received from GQ...

When Glynn stopped making GQ Blends back in 2016 it felt like the end of an era. Glynn had been blending for over 6 years, not only got GQ Tobaccos but also as previous jobs he worked. Since he stopped, we have been inundated with requests for alternatives and I know Glynn has too. So we decided to do something about it and collectively we have come up with a solution.

Introducing the GQ Blends “Blend it Yourself Kits”. The same* high quality blends made by Glynn, but packed as component tobaccos. All you need to do to recreate these blends is mix the tobaccos together, let them settle and smoke. *Some of the blends have had to be tweaked due to discontinued tobaccos and lack of additional toppings or pressing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12