Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tastes that Don't Go Well With Pipe Tobacco?

Real Name
    Angel
    Pipe smoker since
    Started today!

2 members Liked or found this post helpful.

The search continues for the perfect combination.

So far for me, water is the best combo for all my tobaccos. But I do like milk with the sweet aromatics. Can't wait to try wine.......when my wife is not looking. Foods with tobaccos is another thing completely. Will leave that for another day. Thanks guys for all your help.
    In the light of eternity, nothing really matters except my Stanwell. S

Real Name
    Angel
    Pipe smoker since
    Started today!

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon G View Post
    One of the strangest tasting tobaccos I've tried, was S. Gawiths 'Scottish Mixture'. Rather an unpleasant affect on the throat. However, paired with whiskey the taste dramatically changed & was rather nice. Here are a few of my favourites;

G&H Kendal Flake/Gin & Tonic.
    Capstan Flake/Cider.
    Revor Plug/Whisky.
    St. Bruno/IPA.
    Guiness or Tea, works with everything else. An honourable mention for Prince Albert & a milky coffee in the morning.

Just got 4.5 oz of Prince Albert Luxury pouch's. So I gave the milky coffee a try (with a little sugar) And my happy self broke out in a dance.
    Great combo for me. Thanks Simon. The other combos I will also try when I get the ingredients, and other combos as well. Seems like I could spend years trying out combos. lol
    In the light of eternity, nothing really matters except my Stanwell. S

Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since

4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I'm a burley 'n' coffee man in the mornings. I've found not a single burley-forward blend that does not pair well with a good (or at least decent) cup o' Joe ... until now. Let it be known that C&D's Shandygaff is not a suitable pairing for your morning roast. The two will come together like Crush's train crash.

COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

3 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    I'm a burley 'n' coffee man in the mornings. I've found not a single burley-forward blend that does not pair well with a good (or at least decent) cup o' Joe ... until now. Let it be known that C&D's Shandygaff is not a suitable pairing for your morning roast. The two will come together like Crush's train crash.

"Selfies" at disaster sites in the 19th century! Just shows - nothing new under the sun!!
    Last edited by plugugly; 07-13-2018 at 06:30.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123