Page 64 of 196 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: What's in your pipe? July 2018

Pipe smoker since

12 members Liked or found this post helpful.

MacB Dark Twist in a Beasley:

Beasley 002_1.JPG

football.jpg
    Work is the curse of the smoking classes
    ...to the topTop

PSU Member
    Real Name
    Paul
    Pipe smoker since
    first attempt 1987 disaster,stopped until Aug 2015

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    No offence to others, but I cannot get excited about the soccer, even though I am English through-and-through. I have never liked this form of football.

So, I'm reading and enjoying a mug of Yorkshire tea with a slab of the missus' famous lemon drizzle cake - I think she might be trying to see me off!

This will be followed by a bowl of 2013 GH&Co Brown Flake (u/s) in a Comoy's Blue Riband:

Attachment 51800
    I agree with you Chris,although a season ticket holder back in the 1970/80s at Ipswich town there is just to much play acting now.Much prefer watching Rugby Union which i played for 15 years

GH dark birdseye in the Barling Make Special pot and some home made beer to help the time pass
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paulfg View Post
    I agree with you Chris,although a season ticket holder back in the 1970/80s at Ipswich town there is just to much play acting now.Much prefer watching Rugby Union which i played for 15 years

GH dark birdseye in the Barling Make Special pot and some home made beer to help the time pass
    I agree with all you say, Paul.

I played union for about the same length of time - Wirral G.S, then Musselburgh RUFC (Scotland), and finally London Irish RUFC.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Thomas

10 members Liked or found this post helpful.

IMG_2947.JPG

Rehydrated SG Kendal Cream Flake from a jar hidden by a recalcitrant imp,
    in a Savinelli Artisan, with a bowl so cavernous it has it's own zip code.
    A portion of rye to compliment.
    I can resist anything but temptation--Oscar Wilde
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

9 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good Evening, Gentlemen! Well, I watched the England vs Croatia match and I'm sorry to see England off. I congratulate Croatia, but I can't say the better team won. Yes, they scored the most points, but I don't think they're the better team. Especially when the Croatian players think that it's perfectly fine to clip their opponents or simply push them down onto the pitch. And this just can't be written off with "they all do it" because this wasn't a case of committing fouls, but just being thugs. I remember how the England vs Colombia match deteriorated with such moves on Colombia's part. But England played their hearts out, I congratulate them on making it into the SFs, and they have every reason to hold their heads up high. What I would like to see is France hand the Croatia team's butt to them. Back in the workshop again and I'm now smoking a bowl of the very last of the BillyPM-aged SG SJF in the Pete 999, a last mugga java on the side.
    Last edited by coalsmoke; 07-11-2018 at 23:04.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching
    ...to the topTop

7 members Liked or found this post helpful.

I haven't paid the World Cup much attention. I looked a bit today to see how the US did, can't even find them in the scores. Does the US even send a team for that? Are we that bad in soccer??

After dinner smoke is going to be PS LBF in my new Chris Morgan Bones Stubby Anse. How many coins will she hold?
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Russ
    Pipe smoker since
    Way Back

6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Corndog View Post
    I haven't paid the World Cup much attention. I looked a bit today to see how the US did, can't even find them in the scores. Does the US even send a team for that? Are we that bad in soccer??

After dinner smoke is going to be PS LBF in my new Chris Morgan Bones Stubby Anse. How many coins will she hold?
    The US didn't qualify and neither did Italy. I've tried to find out what it takes for a country to qualify for the WC, but couldn't find anything that I could understand.
    Russ

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

There is no pipe.
    -A Zen teaching
    ...to the topTop

5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    The US didn't qualify and neither did Italy. I've tried to find out what it takes for a country to qualify for the WC, but couldn't find anything that I could understand.
    So we're (US) that bad then huh? Haha, I'm really not that much into soccer anyway, they have the clock ticking up and not down and that just seems backwards for crying out loud.

To answer my own question, 2 coins of LBF were a tight fit in the Bones. Doable, but since it was the maiden voyage I dumped it and repacked with one (folded in half and stuffed) and some crumbs on top.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Crawford
    Pipe smoker since
    Off and on since 1972

8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Finishing off the day with a bowl of Lakeland Dark/Bosun Cut Plug mix. As for the World Cup, thankfully the best two teams have ended up in the final. Considering Croatia only has a population of around 4 million they've done extremely well. I think France have coasted so far and should win it.
    ...to the topTop

Real Name
    Jesper Nielsen
    Pipe smoker since

11 members Liked or found this post helpful.

Good morning to you all.
    First smoke of this sunny Thursday; Dunhill's Navy Rolls in a reg.no. Stanwell no. 88R - 'Hand Made'.

Navy Stanrolls.jpg

In tabaco veritas et fumo ergo sum
    (Masperius the Elder)
    ...to the topTop