Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 690 of 1332

Thread: What's in your pipe? July 2018

  1. #681
    PSU Member Markus1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Oberhausen, Germany
    Real Name
    Markus Wischermann
    Pipe smoker since
    First pipe smoked in autumn 1996, regular smoker since spring 1997.
    Posts
    1,291


    8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Hello,

    No warning yet, but we might get some heavy shower shortly. It's been a warm day, bordering on hot, and humid, with lower visibility than usual from my office on the 8th floor.

    I'm in the shed with a mug of microwaved tea left over from breakfast, and just finished the recent mix in a GBD Billard.

    Tomorrow's working day starts late, so I plan to stay out here for some time yet.

    Best wishes
    Markus
    Last edited by Markus1970; 07-12-2018 at 16:44.

  2. #682


    6 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by coalsmoke View Post
    in addition to coffee and ice cream for the ball game tonight, I need to get more cat food for Lily.
    Coffee ice cream, yummy! I made my son's favorite ice cream sandwiches last night. Two Eggo Waffles, toasted, and a big wallop of French Vanilla ice cream wedged in between the two. Wha-La, Dad's a hero!, haha

  3. #683
    PSU Member oldpipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    USA,Ct.
    Pipe smoker since
    1957
    Posts
    4,142


    8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Smoked earlier today in the car between many stops. Now smoking Jocks outside in a cob before it gets too hot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ​Tom

  4. #684
    PSU Member Piffyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since
    2014
    Posts
    4,764


    8 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    I think that when you get to know DF (u/s) better, Anthony, it may fit less into the Revor sub-genre and become one of its own. Like you, Revor is my all-time favourite. I have heard it said that DF (u/s) is somewhat uni-dimensional, and in comparison with Revor this may be a fair point. BUT, further exploration of that dimension reveals a whole universe of deep, dark, loamy flavours. It is hard to separate them, but Revor still wins.......by a baw hair!! LOL
    I can already taste more apparent* complexity in DF when compared to Revor. The sample that CD sent is from '07. So, that may make a difference. The top notes may have burned off somewhat over time making it easier to distinguish the other characteristics. I'll be interested to compare it to fresh DF when I get the chance. Still haven't sliced into the plug yet. I think I'm having too much fun just looking at it. That's a beautiful piece of tobacco.

    * Please note that I wrote "apparent complexity". I think Revor can appear to be a very simple blend at the first introduction. It takes some familiarity with the blend before you start to pick up on all of the nuances. Overall, the tone of the tobacco is very dark, but there are a surprising number of bright notes in there if you pay attention.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

    www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

  5. #685
    PSU Member plugugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since
    2001
    Posts
    9,078


    5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldpipe View Post
    Smoked earlier today in the car between many stops. Now smoking Jocks outside in a cob before it gets too hot.
    I was trying to think of something nice to say about that.....article (lol)..........Tom.

    With that stem, it should be an easy, light clench; and..........er..............er

    No offence intended (and none taken, I'm sure) LOL
    Last edited by plugugly; 07-12-2018 at 17:52.

  6. #686
    PSU Member Piffyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since
    2014
    Posts
    4,764


    5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by oldpipe View Post
    Smoked earlier today in the car between many stops. Now smoking Jocks outside in a cob before it gets too hot.
    If I saw anyone sitting in a car while smoking that pipe, they would become my instant best friend.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

    www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

  7. #687
    PSU Member Piffyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since
    2014
    Posts
    4,764


    4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    I was trying to think of something nice to say about that.....article (lol)..........Tom.

    With that stem, it should be an easy, light clench; and..........er..............er
    Pshaw! That is a beautiful piece of artistry, Chris.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

    www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

  8. #688
    PSU Member plugugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since
    2001
    Posts
    9,078


    5 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    I can already taste more apparent* complexity in DF when compared to Revor. The sample that CD sent is from '07. So, that may make a difference. The top notes may have burned off somewhat over time making it easier to distinguish the other characteristics. I'll be interested to compare it to fresh DF when I get the chance. Still haven't sliced into the plug yet. I think I'm having too much fun just looking at it. That's a beautiful piece of tobacco.

    * Please note that I wrote "apparent complexity". I think Revor can appear to be a very simple blend at the first introduction. It takes some familiarity with the blend before you start to pick up on all of the nuances. Overall, the tone of the tobacco is very dark, but there are a surprising number of bright notes in there if you pay attention.
    They both deserve a lot of attention, over many bowls! LOL

  9. #689
    PSU Member plugugly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Scotland
    Real Name
    Chris
    Pipe smoker since
    2001
    Posts
    9,078


    4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Piffyr View Post
    Pshaw! That is a beautiful piece of artistry, Chris.

  10. #690
    PSU Member Piffyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Real Name
    Anthony
    Pipe smoker since
    2014
    Posts
    4,764


    4 members Liked or found this post helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by plugugly View Post
    I don't see how a man wearing a headband and Daisy Dukes can expect to be taken seriously.
    COOK'S FINE PIPE WORKS
    QUALITY SMOKING PIPE REPAIR, RESTORATION & BEAUTIFICATION

    www: cooksfinepipeworks.com | fb: cooksfinepipeworks | tw: CooksFPW | ig: cooksfinepipeworks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •